cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Automatic switch to Offline Mode lags or playback stops

Fredsterpr
Local Performer

Sometimes while listening to Pandora either with wifi or cellular,  signal drops off and music stops.  It would be a great idea for the app to automatically change to offline mode.  Just load an already stored song and play it instantly.  If online is later available again then the app could ask to change back or just do it automatically if specified in the settings.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Fredsterpr
Local Performer

This post was originally a feature request, I don’t understand why the moderator decided to change the title? 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi  @Fredsterpr!

This post was moved from the Feature Request board to the iOS support board because the Pandora app is intended to move into Offline Mode automatically when a network connection is unavailable rather than playback stops. Based on your post from above it sounds like you aren't experiencing the intended functionality.

I'm happy to help investigate. I've enabled a trace on your account. To begin, I'd like create a fresh connection with Pandora and your iPhone. First, sign out off the Pandora app on your iPhone. Once logged out, then uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app.

To uninstall:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Please note: Signing out will remove offline content from your device. As a Pandora Plus user, you should receive that offline content again automatically.

Then the next time you experience playback stopping when you lose network connection, let me know the time and date and I'll have a closer look to see what may be happening.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos