cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Canadian iPhone only works on WiFi in US

CRC
Local Performer

Hi, I have an Iphone 14 with a Canadian cell plan with data. I'm visiting the US for an extended period of time. The Canadian plan also gives me all services in the US including data. Right now my US services are via T-Mobile.  While in the US using WiFi I can use the Pandora App. However if I try to use this app with cell service in the US it says I'm in Canada and won't work. Any ideas?

thx

Oh, and the Region setting on the phone is US.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts, Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @CRC. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry for any trouble you've experienced.

It sounds like you're set to United States under your iPhone's Language & Region settings. You can find out more info about this setting here: Change your Apple ID country or region

I would also recommend checking to see that your iTunes Store app is set to the U.S. too. If you're using an international data plan, this could be what's impacting your ability to listen while using cell data in the United States. If you can listen via WiFi, this sounds related to the data plan. Unfortunately, this is outside of our scope of expertise. At this time, I would recommend contacting Apple / T-Mobile to see if there are any other options and for additional suggestions.

• You can reach Apple Support here.
  • You can contact T-Mobile here.

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

CRC
Local Performer

Thanks for the reply. All the other apps on the phone are able to correctly identify the country I’m in. It looks to me like the is a Pandora App problem. Is there a way this could be escalated?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @CRC. 👋

Thanks for getting back to me. I created an email support case for you with a member of our support team to see if they can offer further assistance. Please keep an eye out for their message. We appreciate your patience during this process. 📬

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos