cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: HomePod Doesn’t Play Requested Content

Kgood
Underground

I am having the same issue. I tried all of these fixes and none work so far. For more context this only happens on the home pods, not sync in my truck or other blue tooth devices. It is also only when I start pandora from my phone and transfer it to the home pod, but not when I use Siri to turn pandora on the home pod. When I ask Siri to turn on the station is does not happen. The only fix is to force close pandora on my phone and then open the app again. Very frustrating. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Kgood. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. 

Here are a few commands you can use while listening to Pandora on your Apple HomePod:

• Request a Podcast: "Hey Siri, play [podcast] on Pandora" 
  • Request a station: "Hey Siri, play [artist] radio on Pandora." 
  • Create a station: "Hey Siri, create a [artist] station on Pandora."
  • Use Thumbs: "Hey Siri, I like this." or "Hey Siri, I don't like this"
  • Skip songs: "Hey Siri, skip this song on Pandora."
  • Control playback: "Hey Siri, pause/play/resume Pandora."
  • Control volume up or down: "Hey Siri, make it louder," or "Hey Siri, make it quieter."

++

Could you share more about the iOS device you're using to connect to your HomePod?

It's helpful to know:

• Your Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know and I can share this with our engineering team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Kgood
Underground

The only issue with using Siri is it doesn’t work with my customized stations, it just plays the standard station. 
As for the other information 

iPhone 13 pro

verizon

software version 15.3.1

pandora software version 2201.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @Kgood

Could you clarify a bit more about your customized stations?

Would you mind giving a station example? I'd like to include this in the report with engineering.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Kgood
Underground

As an example if I play Salt n peppa radio and say hey Siri is play salt n peppa radio on pandora it starts to play. But when I choose it on my phone it is salt n peppa radio feat en vogue (which has more of the songs I enjoy). And I can’t get Siri to distinguish between the two no matter how specific I say it to Siri. Also, once Siri plays a station I can’t like or dislike a song to customize the station further. It will show what song is playing on my phone but when I go to the app it does not show anything.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me with that information, @Kgood. I moved your posts over to a separate thread as this issue sounds a bit different.

I appreciate you taking the time to provide all of these details. I will share your feedback and experience with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

Kgood
Underground

This issue is still occurring after months of requesting a fix. My ad free trial that you gave me has now run out and the issue persists. Can you extend the ad free pandora? 

0 Kudos