cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: How to turn off Pandora

Earl3
Local Performer

I am unable to turn pandora radio off on my iOS device. My carrier is T- mobile and it is on my phone. It is NOT a Mac. It can be turned off by turning off the phone in the main settings , resetting it, but this should not be necessary, if another way is possible.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Earl3 To fully shut down the Pandora app, press the Home button twice to bring up the list of currently running apps. (If you're on an iPhone X, use your finger to swipe up from the bottom of your screen, and hold the gesture until the other apps appear). Also, if you aren't currently in the Pandora app when you do this, you may need to swipe the screen to the left or right until you find Pandora.

Once you see Pandora, swipe the preview up and it will disappear. The app is now completely closed.

However, generally there's no need to do all this -- simply leave Pandora "paused" instead. If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the "pause" button and exit the app. When Pandora is paused it will not affect the performance of your device, nor will it use data.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Earl3 To fully shut down the Pandora app, press the Home button twice to bring up the list of currently running apps. (If you're on an iPhone X, use your finger to swipe up from the bottom of your screen, and hold the gesture until the other apps appear). Also, if you aren't currently in the Pandora app when you do this, you may need to swipe the screen to the left or right until you find Pandora.

Once you see Pandora, swipe the preview up and it will disappear. The app is now completely closed.

However, generally there's no need to do all this -- simply leave Pandora "paused" instead. If Pandora is in the background, re-launch Pandora, then just press the "pause" button and exit the app. When Pandora is paused it will not affect the performance of your device, nor will it use data.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Earl3
Local Performer
I paused Pandora in my settings however it still is running in the background as the script for the music continues even if the music is not audible.? This seems like it would still be using my phones charge. There should be a way to turn it off completely.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Earl3 You should be able to exit the app with the following steps:

1. From the Home Screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause in the middle of the screen.
  2. Swipe right or left to find the Pandora app.  
  3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close the app. 

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos