cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Music Stops But Pause Indicates It's Playing

Flyboyjake54
Underground

I, too, am having the exact problem on my iPhone 8 Plus, and I am using wired earbuds.  I've reloaded the app, power-cycled the phone, closed the app and reopened to no avail.  On the other hand I have no problems with my  PC Windows 11, my iMac 24 or my television.  I use my iPhone inside on occasion in the house where I have all the other devices and it still has an issue.  I'm on my own, so I don't have more than one device playing Pandora at any time....  Thanks in advance.

PS:  Pandora does not pause and stop...  It pauses for a half second every seven or eight seconds.  It does continue to play after the pauses.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Flyboyjake54. 👋

I moved your post over to the iOS space to keep the community tidy. 

You mentioned that you reloaded the app, have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling? If not, I would recommend trying out those steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Are you receiving any error messages when this happens? Any buffering?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Flyboyjake54
Underground

Alyssa,

I've power-cycled my phone, removed and reinstalled the app and still have the 1/4-1/2 pause every six seconds.

It doesn't happen all the time, but often enough enough to be irritating.

Thanks....

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Flyboyjake54. 👋

Thanks for getting back to me, and for running through those troubleshooting steps.

I'd like to share this with our tech team on your behalf. Could you tell me more about your device to pass along?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8 Plus with wired earbuds
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this happen when you aren't using the wired earbuds?

Appreciate your help with these details. 🎧

0 Kudos

Flyboyjake54
Underground
After your last suggestion I removed my Pandora app from my phone and reloaded the app.  So far the pausing has not recurred in the last 24 hours or so.
Thank you!
Jim Quinn

------
Jim Quinn
Longview, TX

"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."    Benjamin Franklin
(Happening every day since January 20th, 2009.)
"In an age when scientists are creating artificial intelligence, too many of our educational institutions seem to be creating artificial stupidity."
           Thomas Sowell
"There's nothing better than the sounds of pocketbooks snapping shut to bring a bit of sanity to college administrators."            Walter E. Williams

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting me know, @Flyboyjake54. Sounds like things are back up and running for you.

If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know. Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

0 Kudos

Flyboyjake54
Underground

It's happening again. 

I've deleted the app, reloaded it, power-cycled my iPhone (iOS 16.7.4) and it pausing again about every six seconds.

I'm using my wifi router with 75mb up/75 mb down with a fiber system with no problems.  This is the same situation I had before, though usually outside.

0 Kudos