cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Offline playback stops when phone locked

DeuceReverse
Local Performer

This is a new problem. I pay for Pandora Premium and have over 500 songs downloaded for Offline listening (Thumbs Up Station). When I select this particular playlist and close my phone, the music stops. It’ll start up again if I open my phone. I checked my battery settings, app settings, and restarted. Nothing. This does not happen with Online listening, only Offline. Help?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DeuceReverse Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. So after completing the troubleshooting steps below, you will need to leave the app open, and give time for your offline content to re-download. You can watch the progress by sorting your collection by Show downloads only.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos