cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Songs Skip on iPad with Bluetooth Speaker

pandc
Local Performer

I am having an issue with songs skipping when playing on my ipad to a Bose bluetooth.  It sounds like bad reception and happens all the time.  Please help! It is terrible... thinking about canceling and switching to spotify.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @pandc. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with Pandora while connected to your Bose Bluetooth speaker.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more. 

Troubleshooting + Bluetooth Pairing:

Let's try re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device and the phone.

• To unpair a Bluetooth accessory:  Tap Settings > Bluetooth > Find the device you want to unpair  tap the info button > Tap" Forget this Device" 
  • This will remove the accessory from the list of available Bluetooth devices.
  • To add your Bose speaker to your device again go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn on Bluetooth. Stay on this screen until you complete the steps to pair your accessory. 
  • Place your Bose speaker in discovery mode and wait for it to appear on your device. If you don't see it or aren't sure how to make it discoverable, check the instructions that came with your accessory or contact the manufacturer.
  • To pair, tap your accessory name when it appears onscreen. You might need to enter the PIN or passkey. If you aren't sure what your PIN or passkey is, check the documentation for your accessory.

Another option is to try uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app on your iPad. You can find those steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists after pairing your iPad and Bose speaker again, I can report this over to our engineering team.

I'll need more information about your devices: 

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPad Air + Bose Soundtouch speaker)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Do any error messages pop up? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

pandc
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa - I did these steps... please let me know if there is anything else I can do..

Thanks, Jennifer

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @pandc. 👋

Sorry I missed this message! Looks like it got caught up in one of the filters.

We recently released the new app version 2110.1 of Pandora on iOS. If you haven't already, I would recommend updating to see if this helps.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

0 Kudos

pandc
Local Performer

Unfortunately our app is up to date and it still skips...

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pandc Thank you for the follow up. I have reported your issue over to our engineering team so that they can investigate this further. Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos