cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: Unable to Access Song Info / Lyrics

Fairyslayer
Local Performer

Since the latest update, my Pandora app isn’t letting me pull up the song that’s playing, so I can’t look at the lyrics. 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Fairyslayer. 👋

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps.

++

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Fairyslayer. 👋

Thanks so much for bringing this to our attention. I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps.

++

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Fairyslayer
Local Performer

That worked, thank you!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! So glad to hear those steps helped, @Fairyslayer.

Enjoy the tunes. 🎶

0 Kudos

Meisterhaus_Tad
Underground

I was t aware there was a recent update but my Pandara is doing the same thing.   I can’t access song / artist info.   I have closed it and deleted the app but still not working.    I guess I will try that again.   Is there something wrong with recent update?  

thanks 

Tad 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Meisterhaus_Tad. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this.

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps to see if it helps. You can find those steps in my post here, or in this help article: iOS Troubleshooting

I hope this helps. Let me know if the issue persists after uninstalling / reinstalling. 🎧

Meisterhaus_Tad
Underground

Why isn’t Pandora working like it once was.   Repeat doesn’t work… lyrics aren’t working and info on artists and songs etc aren’t working.  What is the deal?    

Meisterhaus_Tad
Underground

Will I lose all the playlists if I uninstall and reinstall?   Very little is working now that used to work.  

0 Kudos

Itsdemondeer
Diamond in the Rough

Hello @Meisterhaus_Tad! Thank you for posting! Now bye not working (Lyrics and Artist Info), what do you mean? After that, when did this all start happening. Thank you and I hope we’ll fix this or it fixes on its own!

-Demon Deer 

🦌 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Meisterhaus_Tad. 👋

We did notice a few listeners having trouble yesterday around the time you posted this. Are you still having trouble today?

++

iOS Troubleshooting:

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection including playlists for you).* To do that:

2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.

Meisterhaus_Tad
Underground

If you click on the up arrow on a song, normally it brings up info on artists, songs, albums and lyrics.   When I click on up arrow now, nothing happens at all. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Meisterhaus_Tad. 👋

Due to licensing restrictions, we are able to the provide lyrics for some tracks but not others. If these restrictions change, lyrics that were once available may be removed or others may be added. You also mentioned that you're unable to replay songs. 

If this is happening on every song you view, I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps from my message here. Just to reiterate, performing those steps will not cause you to lose your collection. All of your content will be saved (stations, thumb feedback, etc). 

I hope this helps. Feel free to keep us updated about this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Ceballos93
Local Performer

Hi! Im currently having the same issue ive tried the steps you suggested but still have no luck is there anything else i can do to access the lyrics? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Ceballos93. 👋

Could you share a couple of examples of the songs you're having trouble with viewing the lyrics?

It's helpful to know:

• Artist Name:
  • Song: 

Let me know, and I can take a look. 🎧

0 Kudos