cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS: "Pandora Encountered a Problem" Error

Strotter
Local Performer

78DF8C1F-B652-4FD2-9686-DCEEFF634253.png

I’ve rebooted my  iPhone deleted and reinstalled Pandora. Deleted and reinstalled my pods 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Strotter. 👋

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account to better understand what's happening, and to share with our engineering team. 

While the trace is enabled, could you try replicating this behavior? 

This will be helpful so I can share what time the error message popped up again for you today with our engineers. Would you also mind sharing more details about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Does this error message only pop up when you're using your AirPod Pros?
  • Does this occur when listening using other Bluetooth enabled devices (ex. speaker)?

Thanks so much for reporting this! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Strotter
Local Performer
I get the msg on Wi-Fi and data . I have all 3 AirPods and it only happens with the AirPod pro.
I am running IOS 15 beta.
Thanks
Sean

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @Strotter

Looks like you mentioned using iOS 15 Beta. Pandora isn't officially supported for this OS version yet.

In the meantime, I'll be sharing your feedback with our engineering team to review. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Beausmith06
Local Performer

Yes i have a question. I currently have the ios 15 beta latest build and my airpods will start playing music from pandora then if i take them out then try to put back on and play music it says a problem has encountered with the pause and the app meeds to be teset or the phone. I reset phone then it plays music but if i take them out then put back in the app messes up and stops playing music.  If i take airpods out of ears then press play then the music starts playing tilll i put in ears

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Beausmith06. 👋

I've seen another mention of this error message while using iOS 15 Beta and AirPod Pros. I moved your post over to this existing thread: iOS: "Pandora Encountered a Problem" Error

Please check out my message about this here.

0 Kudos

Enjoyedyaz
Local Performer

I’m having the same exact issue, I can play pandora on my regular air pod , but as soon as I attempt to play on my airpod pros I can’t. 

How can I enable trace on my account too? I’m having the same exact issue with my account, im Using an iPhone 11 Pro Max (att) on IOS 15 beta 

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Enjoyedyaz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience while using the iOS 15 Beta with Pandora. I've shared your feedback with our engineering team. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, @Strotter @Enjoyedyaz @Beausmith06.  👋

iOS 15 is now available for official download (no longer Beta). 

Are you still having trouble with Pandora, or receiving that error message while using your AirPod Pros? 

Let me know as I'd like to update our engineering team with your feedback. 🎧

0 Kudos

BuckShutem
Underground

I discovered the fix for Pandora unable to play when it kix you off CarPlay. Someone elsewhere published a fix. Go to Settings, Music and toggle off the equalizer. Mine was set to Late Night. This has to be switched to off.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for that helpful tip, @BuckShutem. I'm sure this will help other listeners that might experience a similar issue. 🎧

0 Kudos