cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to play downloaded music on an iPhone 12

jeff6
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Plus subscription which supposedly allows limited downloading for offline playback. Although when I am in offline mode I see a number of stations in "My Collection" that are marked with a green square and superimposed download arrow in the lower right of the station thumbnail, none of them will play without an internet connection.

I have an iPhone 12 with the latest iOS version...not sure what my Pandora version is but I assume it updates automatically. 

Also, under settings I see an entry for device activation. When I click on it it, it asks me to "enter the code displayed on your device".  Of course, there is no code displayed.  Not sure if these issues are related but they are both puzzling.

Please advise.

Thanks, Jeff

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeff6 Nice to see you around the Community.

Offline stations not playing without an internet connection:

I recommend running through our suggested troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve this: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues, I would like to report your experience to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device activation tab:

You can ignore this section of the app - the Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password.

Hope this helps clarify!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jeff6 Nice to see you around the Community.

Offline stations not playing without an internet connection:

I recommend running through our suggested troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve this: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues, I would like to report your experience to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 12
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device activation tab:

You can ignore this section of the app - the Device Activation tab is for activating your Pandora account on in-home devices such as Smart TVs, Blu-ray players, etc. These devices generate codes that need to be entered on a separate device for activation.

If you're attempting to activate Pandora on your mobile device, you already have simply by signing into the app with your Pandora account email address and password.

Hope this helps clarify!

0 Kudos