cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artists: Creating Custom Playlists & Stations

Liutasil
Local Performer

Hello!

I'm an independent, small artist who has been on Pandora for a while. And I have questions:

1. How to create playlists with my own image that I upload there? I was told that it is not possible, but for example here (and I can post dozens of links), they have their own image:

https://www.pandora.com/artist/michael-logozar/ARgmV6vqr79Kb2c

2. The same applies to stations, how to create more stations? Again the same link above where you can see that the artist has several stations.

3. How to get to official pandora playlists/stations? Does the label have to do that? Does an independent artist who distributes music through CDbaby and such not have a chance? I would like to break through Pandora so people can hear my music too. But the only thing I can do is create a playlist without an image. That's about the only thing I could come up with.

Thanks for any advice! I will be really happy.
Martin Czerny

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ChrisPandora

Hey @Liutasil - These are great questions! 👍

It sounds like you're interested in Pandora Stories, Playlists and Mixtapes! 

Pandora Stories allow you to create a set of music that includes your Voice Tracks. These Voice Tracks are messages recorded by you and add context or commentary to your Pandora Stories listening experience. You can use it to describe the meaning of a song, the recording process, etc.

You can also create Playlists to highlight your music without include Voice Tracks.

Lastly, with the Curator tools you can also make Mixtapes, which are the custom stations you are seeing in the linked profile.

To sign up for a curator profile, please provide the required information on this form.

If you are representing individual artists, we recommend filling out the form for each artist. That way, the artists will have unique curator profiles that their fans will be able to access. 

At the moment, artists are unable to submit their music for consideration for our hand-curated playlists and stations.

You can always promote a track with the features you have available to you on AMP. For more information about the AMP marketing tools, please visit the AMP Playbook for videos, user guides, case studies and more.

We also recommend tuning into our monthly Pandora For Creators webinars! Our team hosts two webinars a month that cover how to use AMP effectively for your content on Pandora.

Here's more information about our upcoming webinars:

Intro to AMP - First Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Introduction to AMP where our Creator Services Team will provide a walkthrough about how to use the AMP tools to promote your content on Pandora.

You can register for the webinar here.

Q&A - Second Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Office Hours Q&A session where our Creator Services Team will be answering questions you have regarding using AMP to promote your content on Pandora.

I hope all of this information is helpful! 😎

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support

View solution in original post

1 Reply

ChrisPandora

Hey @Liutasil - These are great questions! 👍

It sounds like you're interested in Pandora Stories, Playlists and Mixtapes! 

Pandora Stories allow you to create a set of music that includes your Voice Tracks. These Voice Tracks are messages recorded by you and add context or commentary to your Pandora Stories listening experience. You can use it to describe the meaning of a song, the recording process, etc.

You can also create Playlists to highlight your music without include Voice Tracks.

Lastly, with the Curator tools you can also make Mixtapes, which are the custom stations you are seeing in the linked profile.

To sign up for a curator profile, please provide the required information on this form.

If you are representing individual artists, we recommend filling out the form for each artist. That way, the artists will have unique curator profiles that their fans will be able to access. 

At the moment, artists are unable to submit their music for consideration for our hand-curated playlists and stations.

You can always promote a track with the features you have available to you on AMP. For more information about the AMP marketing tools, please visit the AMP Playbook for videos, user guides, case studies and more.

We also recommend tuning into our monthly Pandora For Creators webinars! Our team hosts two webinars a month that cover how to use AMP effectively for your content on Pandora.

Here's more information about our upcoming webinars:

Intro to AMP - First Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Introduction to AMP where our Creator Services Team will provide a walkthrough about how to use the AMP tools to promote your content on Pandora.

Q&A - Second Wednesday of the Month @ 11 AM Pacific Time - This webinar is an Office Hours Q&A session where our Creator Services Team will be answering questions you have regarding using AMP to promote your content on Pandora.

I hope all of this information is helpful! 😎

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support