cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: "We couldn't start the selected station"

LojaRich
Opening Act

I tried Chroms on Windows 11 Home and tried the Pandora application on Android and neither of them allow me to make a station from my artist name, album or individual song.

'We couldn't start the selected station. We started playing your last station instead.'

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ChrisPandora

Hey @LojaRich - Just so you know, the "We couldn't start the selected station" error message usually pops up when an artist's music is only available with our Premium service but not our radio service quite yet. 

With that being said, we are happy to share this music with our Curation team so they can consider the content for radio play back. 

In the future, if you encounter an artist who is not live on radio, please send the information to amp-support@pandora.com. We can better assist with these requests over email.

While an artist's content may be delivered to us by their distributor, Pandora is still a curated collection. In other words, an artist's partnership with their distributor does not guarantee inclusion on Pandora Radio Stations.

I hope this helps!

Chris | Friendly Neighborhood AMP Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

ChrisPandora

Hey @LojaRich - Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Can you please let me know what your artist name is? A link to your artist profile on Pandora is helpful too.

Once I have that, I can see what's up.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

LojaRich
Opening Act

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have a few artist names on Pandora but the one I know for sure that won't work for radio playback is 'Los Hamaqueros.'

MRPM
Underground
MR.PM!

ChrisPandora

Thanks @LojaRich & @MRPM! I just shared these with our Curation team to prepare these artists for radio playback ✌️

0 Kudos

LojaRich
Opening Act

Thank you. Thank you.

Do we have to request this each time we upload a new artist or was this just a one-time issue?

mmas131313
Underground
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
occasionally...
Is that a problem...

0 Kudos

ChrisPandora

Hey @LojaRich - Just so you know, the "We couldn't start the selected station" error message usually pops up when an artist's music is only available with our Premium service but not our radio service quite yet. 

With that being said, we are happy to share this music with our Curation team so they can consider the content for radio play back. 

In the future, if you encounter an artist who is not live on radio, please send the information to amp-support@pandora.com. We can better assist with these requests over email.

While an artist's content may be delivered to us by their distributor, Pandora is still a curated collection. In other words, an artist's partnership with their distributor does not guarantee inclusion on Pandora Radio Stations.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

LojaRich
Opening Act

Oh, okay. Thank you for that. 

Should we notify you even if it's not our own music?

For example, I don't think any of the Nintendocore (a genre from the MySpace years) are available for creating stations, which was disappointing because I needed to study them for a project and was hoping Pandora would lead me to lesser-known songs but without radio option, you have to rely on YouTube or maybe Spotify in order to achieve that. I try to stay on Pandora as much as I can, since I'm paying for the service, of course.

0 Kudos

ChrisPandora

Hey @LojaRich - Yeah, you can feel free to let us know even if it is not your music.

With that being said, it is possible that some of the Nintendocore music you are mentioning has not been delivered to us from a distributor or artist aggregator. We need the proper rights to play music on Pandora and some artists have not yet partnered with a distributor or artist aggregator to make their music available on various DSPs.

We are constantly expanding our library and add new music everyday so perhaps in time, some of these artists will be available on Pandora.

0 Kudos

MisteriousEagle
Local Performer

thank you for inviting us to this community and We Recently started With our music And we are curious how can we have our music on Pandora radio station, we are in every single Social media library But not on the radio

Best regards from Misterious Eagles 

ChrisPandora

Hey @MisteriousEagle - Welcome to our community 👋

I have shared your music with our Curation team to consider it for radio!

0 Kudos

THUGWHITE777
Local Performer

How do I start a station please ?

Tags (2)

heety44
Underground
Just go to Pandora Amp and set itnup from there it give you the instruction

ChrisPandora

@THUGWHITE777 - Thanks for stopping by and sharing your music with us. 

I've gone ahead and shared your music with our Curation team to consider it for radio.

✌️

0 Kudos

debracanmusic
Opening Act

Hi,

I am new here on Pandora. I am just learning to navigate the community.

I just had my new EP released, titled StoryTime. I need help to have it on the playlist and station on Pandora. Any help in placing my song on a playlist or station will be appreciated.

Here is my ep link: https://www.pandora.com/artist/debra-can/story-time/ALmzrt4cX92h676

Thank you.

ChrisPandora

Hey @debracanmusic - I just shared your music with our Curators to consider it for radio playback.

If it goes live, you'll have access to all of the AMP tools and will be able to create a station based off of your music.

Thanks for your patience and welcome to to our Community ✌️

0 Kudos

debracanmusic
Opening Act

Thank you for doing that Chris