cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library Error

rockstarloangel
Underground

Hi,  I am an artist, and I would like the community help and team to correct the song title name.
Song link:  https://pandora.app.link/paEOwEWBuGb
Artist Name:  Champ De Crevettes
Incorrect Title:  Never Want to Cry Again Again 2022
Correct Title:  Never Want to Cry Again 2022

Thank you so much for help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

NADRIP
Diamond in the Rough

Hi Champ, the song link seems to be https://pandora.app.link/0fzRcLONuGb whereas the link you shared was to "Never Want to Cry Again" (no "2022" and no double "Again" and from a different album and 20 seconds shorter).

You should probably check with your distributor first, and make sure the error didn't occur on their end.  IE, if your distributor distributed the song with the wrong title due to an error on the distributor's end, then Pandora is required to use that title, until you fix it with your distributor.  Once you fix it with your distributor, it will be re-distributed and should update on Pandora after a few days.  Pandora can only fix something like this if your distributor distributed the song with the correct title and the error was on Pandora's end (but most streaming sites basically automate the copying of the title from what is sent, so it's unlikely to be an error in that copy/paste action).

I did a quick google of the incorrect title and right away the streaming site JioSaavn (which I believe is the main distributor for South Korea) has the exact same error (ie double use of again) which indicates that, if multiple streaming sites are showing this error, the error was probably made on your distributor's end.

Hope this helps!  NADRIP

View solution in original post

6 Replies

NADRIP
Diamond in the Rough

Hi Champ, the song link seems to be https://pandora.app.link/0fzRcLONuGb whereas the link you shared was to "Never Want to Cry Again" (no "2022" and no double "Again" and from a different album and 20 seconds shorter).

You should probably check with your distributor first, and make sure the error didn't occur on their end.  IE, if your distributor distributed the song with the wrong title due to an error on the distributor's end, then Pandora is required to use that title, until you fix it with your distributor.  Once you fix it with your distributor, it will be re-distributed and should update on Pandora after a few days.  Pandora can only fix something like this if your distributor distributed the song with the correct title and the error was on Pandora's end (but most streaming sites basically automate the copying of the title from what is sent, so it's unlikely to be an error in that copy/paste action).

I did a quick google of the incorrect title and right away the streaming site JioSaavn (which I believe is the main distributor for South Korea) has the exact same error (ie double use of again) which indicates that, if multiple streaming sites are showing this error, the error was probably made on your distributor's end.

Hope this helps!  NADRIP

rockstarloangel
Underground

NADRIP, thanks for your help.  I contacted with CDBaby and the song in some major platform made a change (correction) successfully, such as, Amazon, Apple Music, and YouTube.  However, still the song shows incorrectly on Pandora.  I am new and just join the community, so I might be doing wrong, but appreciate your help.

0 Kudos

NADRIP
Diamond in the Rough

It sounds like it's in process then.  My distributor recommends giving platforms 10 business days once an update is sent.  Many platforms are much faster than that, but some take longer than others.  How long since CD Baby sent the update?

Cardosoeralio42
Underground
Javier

rockstarloangel
Underground
Most of retribution were successful; such as Amazon, Apple Pay, YouTube,
and the error correction took about 2 to 3 weeks. And on Pandora, I
just saw it fixed. Thank you and all of you!

rockstarloangel
Underground

Thank you for all the support.  I just checked the song, and it has been fixed!  Yay.