cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Are you still listening?"

Lemonlookout
Local Performer

Is there a way to turn this off or extend it? I have it playing for guests at our condo and sometimes it turns off before they get there 

Labels (1)
43 Replies

Spike59
Local Performer

Quit stopping the music!!!!!!!!!!!! "Are you still listening" !!!!!!!!!!!!

We just cannot stop working, to click on still listening. This feature is so wrong. Please stop. You are losing a lot of customers do to this. Our office of MANY people quit using your channel because we cannot leave our cubicles to click on "are you still listening".

0 Kudos

notie72
Local Performer

I listen to pandora almost all day and night every day. 

Why must they keep asking if I'm still listening? 

Pandora doesn't buy my data package for me, it's not their money, it's mine.

Who cares even if I'm not listening if my music is playing or not. 

And it's usually rite when I'm in the middle of something that I can't stop, so now I get 5-10 minutes without music.

It's really annoying. 

YES PANDORA, I'M STILL LISTENING. 

If i need quiet i will pause or close the app

0 Kudos

Winnie1
Local Performer

I like listening to music at night. And if anything happens to it like, I dont like the song, or the music stops… I will wake up immediately just to fix the issue. But this app stops my music and plays a podcast I don’t want to listen to! Sometimes it just stops the music and doesn’t play anything. So at night I will rise from the grave once again because my music stopped. I am now exhausted because of how many times I have to get up. I don’t just put on a song I made a playlist that is 14 hours long with 149 songs!

0 Kudos

pengfeng
Local Performer

cast the music in the pandora app to one audio speaker,the music only can playback 4 hours on the audio speaker,and the pandora app will prompt "oops!we are unable to cast at this time".and the free account also have this issue.

I want to know as a premium user,how many hours can playback music with pandora?

0 Kudos

Lilwill_69
Local Performer

Why does Pandora time out 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lilwill_69 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Are you still listening?"

Check out the accepted solution for more information around the Timeout Message.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ski522
Local Performer

My music stops after 6 hours, are are you able to keep it going longer then that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ski522 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Are you still listening?"

Check out the accepted solution for more information around the Timeout Message.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Vtwinironhorse
Local Performer

Quit asking if I'm listening. I listen while working. Phone is not beside me. I'll turn it off when  I'm done listening. 

0 Kudos

Pandorable
Local Performer

My account reached a listening limit. It told me that my session timed out for usage. Will this ever happen with an upgrade?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pandorable I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Are you still listening?"

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

virginiaporter
Local Performer

I sleep with music going and Pandora is always shutting off and asking if I'm listening and it wakes me up ever time it's very annoying 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@virginiaporter I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Are you still listening?"

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

mf419
Local Performer

Hi, I have Pandora plus I'm being timed out after 2 hours play time.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mf419 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Does the Are you still listening message pop up? 
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing as well?

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

davidkeating
Local Performer

I pay $5.99 per month for pandora. Why does it stop playing and ask me if I'm still listening. I thought the $5.99 per month was for it not to do that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@davidkeating The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs.

Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our current subscription prices.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

Upgrading allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers. While you will experience fewer timeouts, the timeout policy does not go away.

Hope this helps to explain. 

0 Kudos

mf419
Local Performer

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you. I'm using Lenovo tablet with Android . I'm in my garage in another room

were I'm working so I don't see a message and it goes back to my home page. This started happing about 6

months ago and I had the plus for about 6 years now. Regards 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mf419 Thanks for following up and confirming you aren't seeing the timeout error message.

To clarify, does the music pause while the Pandora app is backgrounded, or when your tablet goes to the lock screen?

Or does it also pause while the app is open and in the foreground?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

paulmc29
Local Performer

I'm a long time premium subscriber.  Every evening around dinner time the message "Are you still listening?" comes on and stops the music.  Really annoying!  I pretty much have Pandora on all day so why this message daily at dinner time.  You're making me crazy and I'm bailing after all these years if you can't figure it out! 

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos