cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: "Are you still listening?"

Lemonlookout
Local Performer

Is there a way to turn this off or extend it? I have it playing for guests at our condo and sometimes it turns off before they get there 

Labels (1)
43 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paulmc29 Thanks for writing and for your support.

The timeout message comes up when we detect that you have not interacted with the player for a while. This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs.

Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to maintain our current subscription prices.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

Upgrading allows you to listen uninterrupted for longer periods of time. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers. While you will experience fewer timeouts, the timeout policy does not go away.

Hope this helps to explain. 

0 Kudos

paulmc29
Local Performer

Hi

I already upgraded and have been a premium subscriber for years. The
message comes up after I've been listening for a while and always right in
the middle of dinner. Very annoying to say the least. If you can't fix
this I will be moving on. There is plenty of music out there but I prefer
to stay with Pandora if I possibly can. Can't we work this out????

Thanks

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

Local Performer

I have listened to pandora for free for 3 years on the same device , I am now being told I've reached my limit and am given the choice to upgrade or keep listening. I have never had pandora premium

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@66778 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Error Message: "Are you still listening?"

Check out the accepted solution for more information around the Timeout Message.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos