cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps cutting off

Shannonange01
Local Performer

For like the past like month my pandora keeps randomly cutting off on me & idk why. I've looked at all the settings & I cant figure it out. It will play a song like half way through & then cut off & I have to go back into the app to turn it back on. Please help me I love my music & this is killin me!!! 😞

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shannonange01 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shannonange01 Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?

0 Kudos

Inscape
Local Performer

MAC desk top 2008, no error messages, screen stays the same

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Inscape Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify, when you are listening to one of your stations, does the music randomly pause on its own? Or does the timer on the now playing screen still appear to be moving, but there is just no sound?

Additionally, if you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

0 Kudos

antoniomosby091
Local Performer

Samsung Galaxy  A21

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@antoniomosby091 I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Troubleshooting for Android Devices

If you continue to experience issues with your music getting cut off after running through those steps, I'd like to report this to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Samsung Galaxy  A21
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

gstahl
Local Performer

Keeps cutting off

Shannon, I am having the same problem.  I am on the website using Windows and Google Chrome.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gstahl I moved your post over to this existing thread: Desktop: Music Stops / Buffering Issues

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Google Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Stonfellowman
Local Performer

Why can't you fix the problem why do you allow all these people to have the same problem every single month and you don't do anything about it all you do is blame our phone or you blame something else but you don't come out and fix the problem this is your platform do you want to lose customers because you're going to start losing customers is that what you want Pandora

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Stonfellowman I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos