cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explict Content How to turn on?

Taiger
Local Performer

Hi Everyone,

I've read the help article but there is no slider, radio button or anything for me to select the option to turn off explicit lyrics.  I just don't want to subject neighbors to potential swear words.  Thanks, Taiimage_2021-08-15_140844.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Taiger. 👋

Based on your screenshot, your account is currently set to Allow Explicit Content.

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language. To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content. Click the Green area to set it to Off.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Taiger. 👋

Based on your screenshot, your account is currently set to Allow Explicit Content.

You can restrict Pandora from playing songs or displaying ads with explicit language. To block explicit content, from a computer:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner of the page.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Click Content Settings on the left, then toggle the Explicit Content setting to Off to block explicit content. Setting it to On will allow explicit content. Click the Green area to set it to Off.
  4. You'll need to Submit your password in order to confirm your changes.

Once this setting is turned off, we'll restrict explicit content for that account on all devices. This will limit Pandora to playing only music and ads that could play on daytime broadcast radio. 

Note that this can only be applied to the entire account and NOT specific stations. Also, it doesn't apply to podcasts. You can identify podcasts with explicit language by a red "E" label in the episode title.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Taiger
Local Performer
I figured this out, though only after I posted because it didn't seem the
toggle button and the restrict explicit content were related. However, I'm
still getting songs being played that are explicit, e.g., the Passenger
song "I hate" where he clearly uses the word f*ckin. Did this slip through
because he was seemingly talking and not considered a part of the song?
I'm just curious because, it has otherwise restricted explicit Maroon 5
songs, etc.

If so, please provide a mechanism for us to report explicit content being
missed by your algorithm. Thanks, Taiger
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Taiger Feel free to report any additional reports directly on this thread: Explicit Content filter is not working

To clarify, is this the track you heard where explicit content still played: I Hate (Live in Amsterdam)

If not, please provide me a link to that track on Pandora.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos