cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Pandora without an internet connection

Simpletune20
Local Performer

I love Pandora! Soon to be 20 years for me and almost 80k!

What really gets me is some internet is faster than even 5 years ago. Me for instance I share a cheap wifi between 3 families. Yet it still works.. If there was a way to change even just the paying people off wifi. Would definitely interest people and keep alot. Please think about it!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Simpletune20 Wow - thanks so much for your continued support! 

Using Pandora without WiFi with a Free account:

Because of our content licensing agreements and the dynamic nature of our service, you will need to have either an internet or cellular network connection in order to stream Pandora.

Our ad-supported service operates under a license that doesn't allow us to download stations to user devices. Additionally, unlike other music services, your stream can change depending on your feedback (Thumbs up, down, "I'm tired of this track", etc.). As a result, we need to process each song or podcast episode as a separate audio stream, which requires a network connection.

Using Pandora without WiFi with a Pandora Plus/Premium account:

That being said, we do offer an offline listening option for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. 

When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Offline Listening. I'm happy to help.

*If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Simpletune20 Wow - thanks so much for your continued support! 

Using Pandora without WiFi with a Free account:

Because of our content licensing agreements and the dynamic nature of our service, you will need to have either an internet or cellular network connection in order to stream Pandora.

Our ad-supported service operates under a license that doesn't allow us to download stations to user devices. Additionally, unlike other music services, your stream can change depending on your feedback (Thumbs up, down, "I'm tired of this track", etc.). As a result, we need to process each song or podcast episode as a separate audio stream, which requires a network connection.

Using Pandora without WiFi with a Pandora Plus/Premium account:

That being said, we do offer an offline listening option for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium subscribers. 

When you lose your mobile connection, Pandora will alert you with a notification to let you know that we are switching you to one of your offline stations. This way you stay connected to your music without major interruptions.

For Pandora Plus subscribers, we will automatically choose up to three of your most-listened-to stations along with Thumbprint Radio* and add them to your offline listening stations. Pandora Premium subscribers, on the other hand, can choose which additional stations, albums, songs, or playlists are downloaded.

Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium listeners can also switch to Offline Listening at any time, so you can save your data and take the music you love wherever you go.

Let me know if you have any other questions about Offline Listening. I'm happy to help.

*If you're not seeing Thumbprint Radio in your downloaded stations, you'll need to add it to your collection.
0 Kudos

HM1229yolo
Local Performer

We should at least get to have to lisen to music when we have no WiFi because i want to lisen to music when i am on the bus and when WiFi is out.

datchoia751
Underground
well i say find someone in the family to go on to subscription and yall pay
it with the phone bills every month and then u can listen to your playlist
without wifi on your phone company has a thing called third party and its
goggle subscription only for 9.99 $ a month i pay for my services on my
account .
0 Kudos

MistyRain420
Local Performer

I agree there arent really any streamers or radios off line| off WiFi. It would be an incentive to pay honesty. I would BC I don't have WiFi at work and no music KILLS me....

I don't have a phone connection. I only have a phone with no service and only works on WiFi. No WiFi at work. No phone service to tap into. 

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos