cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with password generated through 1Password

jes55
Local Performer

I've used 1Password forever.  It generated a password for my Pandora account.  I've used this UN/PW combo to link Pandora to my Sonos system which has been pretty much my exclusive use for Pandora

I decided to log into the Pandora web and for some reason the credentials I had in 1Password didn't work.  I reluctantly went through the PW reset, got the email, clicked the link and bam! I'm in.

Of course, I found the spot to change my PW, had 1Password generate another password and anyone who uses 1Password knows, when you generate a new login PW, It "blows away" the old password!

So imagine my surprise (and frustration) when I saw the exit popup up screen that said "enter your old password" to make the change!?!

My question is simply, what now?  How do I get out of this loop?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jes55 I recommend manually updating your password to something new if so to avoid any future confusion with this.

Check out this help page article if you need instructions on how to reset or update your password.

You can also contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jes55 I recommend manually updating your password to something new if so to avoid any future confusion with this.

Check out this help page article if you need instructions on how to reset or update your password.

You can also contact our support team directly for further assistance here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

jes55
Local Performer

Many thanks for the tip Adam.  So to be clear, I'm not sure I understand how to "..manually updating your password...".  when my login didn't work, I selected the "forgot password" link which sent me an email that delivered me directly into the Pandora web interface.  I wasn't prompted to change my PW at all, I was in the interface as if I'd already logged in, which I thought was strange.

It was there that I found my way to the change PW screen and did so and got hung because, 1Password had already vaporized my old password. (btw, I use complex PW's that I'm unable to remember)  

Moving forward, I'll copy the PW into the notes section so I'll have a fallback if I'm challenged fr the orig. PW.

That all said, this morning, I tried the ""forgot password" again and got the email, clicked the link and was delivered to a screen asking me for a new password!  Exactly what I would have expected.

Hence, I'm good for now but, don't understand how the process changed.  Perhaps someone there flipped a switch for me?  Don't know but, happy non-the-less!

Thanks again for your help.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear it, @jes55😁

Enjoy the music! 

0 Kudos

mitizgirl
Local Performer

i set up have premum idont have a pass word

i want to stop my premium pandora account

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mitizgirl It looks like there is a typo in the email address associated with your upgraded Pandora account.

You will need to contact our support team directly in order to receive help with your requests.

You can submit your message through our help page here.

0 Kudos