cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Dark Mode on PC

willywonka
Local Performer

dear Pandora,

as a free user its very important that you the company understand that i can easily just open another tab and use youtube, for music... however i enjoy your system. having said that your window is so bright even with my monitors brightness turned completely down.. 

if they idea to selling your product is if i enjoy it ill subscribe, i suggest your develope your app/browser experience to keep up with the trend or ill just use spotify!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @willywonka. 👋

While this is not currently a feature of Pandora, we do have an existing thread for this request created by another community member.

Feel free to upvote this idea by searching for the title of the request on the main Feature Request page. Then, click on the ❤️icon next to the title to express your interest

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.17.15 AM.png

Thanks so much for posting on the community!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

13 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @willywonka. 👋

While this is not currently a feature of Pandora, we do have an existing thread for this request created by another community member.

Feel free to upvote this idea by searching for the title of the request on the main Feature Request page. Then, click on the ❤️icon next to the title to express your interest

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 9.17.15 AM.png

Thanks so much for posting on the community!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

NyanCat7097
Local Performer

Okay Pandora devs, I get you're trying to be innovative. I love that, pandora is the best, no matter what my Spotify friends say, but there are small tweaks to make it even better. Idea: Enable dark mode from the settings page for your account. I listen to music at night with my MacBook laptop. On safari I have my computer on dark mode, yet pandora is still allllll white. What I suggest instead of like on IOS its automatic, make it so no matter what device you're on you can change from dark to light with a button. This has been kinda annoying but a simple fix. Thanks for the time! ❤️

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NyanCat7097 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

While this isn't currently an option, I recommend creating a feature request for your specific suggestion here. 💡

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Wesuhley
Local Performer

How is this still not a feature? It could be coded by one person in an afternoon......

twiggysmokey
Local Performer

i need this because the current me wishes that i can listen to my music to sleep to soothe my insomnia.

tewyssup
Local Performer

i love the irony that this community is in dark mode 😄 lol...

sgneill
Local Performer

The fact that we are being pointed to an "upvote to be processed" situation is insane. A lot of people would prefer a black background; literally anyone with floaters in their eye. Please get this done. I guarantee it's a bigger problem than anyone accepts. Floaters... like everyone has them.

Nickk422
Local Performer

...or...HERE'S A GOOD ONE...

Give Windows permissions to set a dark color background in the app when "Turn on Dark mode for apps" is selected in System settings.

Moderator Edit: Format

Johncanalesusa
Local Performer

They are sleeping on this hardcore.

0 Kudos

alice2
Local Performer

I am searching for a solution to the same problem in finding this conversation, however, I KNOW IT USED TO WORK in dark mode.  I haven't tried to use Pandora on a computer in a couple years or more, and it is a shame this can't be enabled by now, if it used to work.  I wasted some time switching browsers and applying extensions, and it seemed that one worked for a short time but then it didn't work anymore.   If I weren't so attached to Pandora since I began using it back in 2008 or so, I would say goodbye over this and only use my subscriptions that allow dark mode.  Now the settings are so screwed up I have to highlight the page in order to see the album notes below the pictures to see what the album name + artist is. 

Please consider reviewing this much wanted request from your customers.

Illuminaughty
Local Performer

Because Pandora is abandonware on a software development level.

0 Kudos

Illuminaughty
Local Performer

Yeah it used to work in the web browser in dark mode chrome extension, now it doesn't. It's just terrible.

Wait, this kinda works:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/pandora-dark-theme/mplhngiggjhdiocehhlkicdebdfidpoh

Pandora Dark Mode Chrome Extension, lol.

At least someone made something since Pandora is essentially abandonware at this point.

0 Kudos

EricBrooks
Underground

Pandora, instead of asking us to upvote this no brainer improvement of providing a dark mode option on PC, which every **ahem** web service on the internet offers, why not just stop being lame and do it.

Your web service **ahem** because:

1) The bright white pages are irritating as hell and cause eye strain.

2) You don't allow unbroken albums like Pink Floyd "The Wall" to play smoothly with no breaks between songs.

Pandora tops the list for companies disrespecting their own customers after endless requests for improvements.

0 Kudos