cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized user on my account

Klm38
Local Performer

Some how my ex is adding stations to my pandora account. I deleted an old account that was linked ro his roku hoping that would solve the problem but when i created a new account the same thing is happening.  I know it is him because it was a special station i had for him and i. I have deleted it so many times but it keeps on coming back along with another one i know he listens to. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
599 Replies

AdamPandora

@Akradzinski I moved your post to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

I will have someone from our support team reach out to you via email to help secure your account.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 📬

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Paradise
Local Performer

Hello- I received notice today someone is using my Pandora account and I am the only one authorized and no one else has access.  This certainly took me by suprise.  I can see the songs they played and made favorite and I cannot remove them.  I have updated both my Pandora password & email address associated with my account.  Do I need to delete my Pandora Account in order to remove this persons stuff?  Please help. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Paradise sorry to hear this happened. I moved your post over to an existing thread on this: Unauthorized user on my account

Since you've already changed your password, I've asked our User Support team to remove the device associations with your Pandora account. This will automatically sign you out everywhere including any devices you currently have, so you will need to sign back in once this change takes effect. 

This may not happen instantaneously so please be patience. 

If you continue to receive the message, "Your Pandora Account is currently playing on another device," or "Someone else is listening," please let me know and I can take a closer look. 

++

In the meantime, you can edit any erroneous thumbs added to your stations/playlist with the following steps found here

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Mellohype
Local Performer

Someone els is downloading music on my pandora. I changed my password but random songs keeps being downloaded onto my account please help.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mellohype- - thanks for posting to community, sorry to hear this is happening.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Unauthorized user on my account

Since you've already changed your password, I've asked our User Support team to remove all the devices associated with your Pandora account. This will log you out of every where, including any devices you currently have, so you'll need to log back in once this change takes effect. This may not happen instantaneously, so please be patient.

If you continue to have trouble, let me know. 

0 Kudos

crupperware
Local Performer

I just logged in to listen to some music and there were 39 different singles recently added to my collection that I most assuredly did not add, haven't even heard of a single one of these artists. I have changed my password. But what the heck happened? Also, pretty sure most of this music is I'm not going to say fake, but illegitimate, all the album arts, some which are repeated but with different text from different "artists", are just stock photos with MS paint level text overlayed. Figured I would report the issue.

So, any idea what actually happened? As someone who works in cyber sec, I do know that the user/pw combo has been compromised and I should have changed it a while ago, shame on me, but there is that trade-off between security and convenience., and its just music. 🙂

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @crupperware. I moved your post to an existing thread: Unauthorized user on my account

Sorry for any trouble, this is definitely odd. Since you've already changed your password, I've asked our User Support team to remove all the devices associated with your account. This will log you out every where, including your current devices. Once this takes effect, you'll need to log back in. 

For the added singles, I've passed this on to our curation department to investigate further into what may have happened.

In the meantime, if you need help removing content from your collection, let me know. 

Thanks again for being part of community!

crupperware
Local Performer

Thanks for your quick response, I appreciate it greatly!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Anytime @crupperware  👍🏻

You should be good to go now, but let me know if you notice any more new content that you didn't add. 

0 Kudos

misscrf
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem.  Why can't I control what devices can be on my account? I already worked with support to kick off devices and then changed my password, and my ex is still using my account. I'm paying for it and I would really like to not have someone else using the account I pay for.

AdamPandora

@misscrf At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

In the meantime, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 💡

With this being said, our support team mentioned you currently have an open case with them regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

Thanks for your patience!

coltsfilly
Local Performer

Please tell me how to force any and all devices accessing my Pandora account to log out and require all devices to login using my new password. 

AdamPandora

@coltsfilly I moved your post to this thread to keep the community organized.

At this time, listeners cannot view or remove devices logged into their accounts manually.

However, you can upvote this idea by liking this request if you want to see this as a feature offered on Pandora. 

In the meantime, I will have someone from our support team contact you via email to help secure your account.

Cautiongod
Local Performer

I’m having random music appearing on my account, every day just about. I haven’t added or changed any devices I used pandora on. Can someone please contact me about this? I’m using pandora premium. 

AdamPandora

@Cautiongod Thanks for posting to the community. :pandora:

I will have someone from our User Support team contact you privately via email to look into this.

0 Kudos

Akradzinski
Local Performer

I am still waiting for a response regarding an unauthorized user on my account.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Akradzinski, - I checked in with our User Support team and confirmed that an email was sent out on 6/17/2020 at 10:16am. 

Please be sure to check any junk/spam folders, their response may have been filtered by accident. 

If you still don't see anything, let me know and I'll have someone reach out. 

0 Kudos

meghedden
Local Performer

There is someone that keeps listening to my pandora. is there a way to log out of unauthorized devices? 

TannerPandora

Hi @meghedden, thanks for posting and sorry to hear this. 

I've moved your post to an existing thread on this here. I've escalated this to our User Support team for further help. Someone will reach out to you shortly. 

Please be on the look out for their email. 🎧

Bob7
Local Performer

That is the most idiotic thing ive ever heard off. You make it impossible to access devices active on the account and we have to email you when we have an issue with some one using my info to login the same info you sold to that third party. This account has my payment info and can be stolen thanks to your incompetent team thats looking for a quick buck. Have a little bit of integrity and ask before you sell anyone info.