cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Doesn't Show When Screen Times Out

Frankc
Local Performer

I updated to the S22 ultra.  When I play Pandora it no longer shows on the screen when screen  times out.  Previously it stayed on the screen so I could stop/ pause, use the thumbs up feature etc.  Please help.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Frankc
Local Performer

Thanks  for the help.  It's greatly appreciated 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Frankc. 👋

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

If that doesn't help, let's try clearing the app data on your device.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Frankc
Local Performer

Thanks  for the help.  It's greatly appreciated 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @Frankc

If you continue to have trouble, please let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos