cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Shuts Down While Listening to Music

Owensc377
Local Performer

Pandora app shutsdown while playing music. It is very frustrating when you are using the app and you pay for a subscription that you can't enjoy and use. Is there a fix to this problem or should I cancel subscription and go back to Deezer?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Owensc377. 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue while using the Pandora app on your Android device.

Battery Optimization:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default.

This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded. Due to the sheer volume of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for each and every device. I recommend looking up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

If you own a Samsung device, you may also want to check your Sleeping Apps settings.

++

Clearing App Data:

You can also try clearing the app data to see if this resolves the crashing issue when the app is background: Android Troubleshooting

++

Device Details:

If the issue persists, please provide more details about your device to share with our team. It's helpful to know:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know how it goes. Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos