cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App crashes when scrolling through artist profiles

Scorpio86
Local Performer

I'm using a Google Pixel series of phones. There are many instances scrolling through the album release section on an artist profile will crash the app. Specific examples of this are Eminem and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. I've been using your app for maybe a decade now. There are a lot of features that this app needs in order to stay current. Along with a more robust reporting ability, and better maintenance overall. Going to be switching to an iPhone soon and there's a lot of music that I can't get on Pandora that is on Apple music. They Heavy Metal 2000 sound track. (Or a playlist from less restrictive releases) or artists like Queen Chimera.

Today's featured album is Blue Man groups the complex and the track what is rock prompts the app to crash. 

Lastly while I'm going and here, the voice integration **ahem**. At this point I wish my keyboards talk to text function is not working on your search bar. And it's the only search bar that I regularly wish to hands free request a song 😢🚙

Play something sax man!

Other than that, good job keep it up. I wouldn't bother with notes/criticism if I didn't really like and use your app literally daily. I have tried others: Tidal, Spotify, iHeartRadio, etc. and I always come back. You have something great and special. Don't fek it up, bud 😉👍

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scorpio86 I moved your post over to the Android space. Thanks for reporting your experience.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Muhzickluvr
Local Performer

I am having a similar issue the App crashes when I am accessing Sam Smith's album list and attempt to scroll to the bottom. My phone is a moto g stylus 5G (XT2215DL.

I have cleared cache but not data as that erases all my saved stuff....I have lost it twice before and don't want to have to start that process all over again. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Muhzickluvr. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

You won't need to clear your app data for this but I would like to gather a few more details about your device to share with our tech team on an internal ticket we have open.

It's helpful to know: 

• Model: Moto G Stylus 5G (XT2215DL)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

LucaCario9998
Local Performer

My app keeps crashing when I look deep into Eminem or certain other black balled artists like akon and sometimes 50 cent. all have crash my app even in offline. Please fix my app pandora! I been subscribed for a decade now on at least premium and never complain please fix my **ahem**! Period. GOOD DAY. I don't have search problems I have problems scrolling through certain artists

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @LucaCario9998. 👋

To keep things organized, I moved your post to this existing thread: Android: App crashes when scrolling through artist profiles

I'd like to share this with our engineering team on your behalf. Please provide more details about your device:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Let me know and I can report this on an internal ticket on your behalf. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

DanOh123
Local Performer
Delete the Pandora app from your phone and then download it through the
back door on Google Chrome then search Pandora APK download after that
download the APK file for your phone then install the Pandora APK file on
your phone. That should fix the issue. Remember that you may have to go to
My Files on your phone to install the Pandora app after downloading the APK
app from Chrome. Good Luck and "GoodDay_BeSafe"
0 Kudos