cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

Stephie0216
Local Performer

I don't have this issue with other apps that are for music. A couple of days ago I was able to play Pandora at my Job so we are using WIFI but now it just buffers. But I'm able to play Pandora at home on my WIFI and my data in the car.

I have also uninstalled/reinstalled. I also cleared the cache a couple of times. Even logged out and logged back in. I even just updated to the new version that is out today and still nothing. Here is my information for my phone:

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Yes

Have you received any error messages other than buffering? No error messages just buffers and changes song every second

Carrier: Verizon

Android version (Settings > About Phone): 11

Pandora version: 2104.1

Labels (1)
49 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Baymax112. 👋

I completely understand your frustration. Thank you for sharing your device details. I've passed this along to our engineering team on an internal ticket we created. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

jacksplat102
Local Performer

what is the resolution??

0 Kudos

JessKitsos85
Local Performer

@jacksplat102  I don't really have a resolution for the issue. I don't think it has anything to do with Pandora on my end as it plays fine while on my phone data and my home WiFi. The tech guy said that we have a lot of devices pulling WiFi from our office so we are trying to get all the computers on hardwire. That way only printers and phones are pulling the WiFi. We shall see if that works.....

Best,

~Jessica Kitsos~

mod edit: removed personal info

nbredthauer
Local Performer

I just found something interesting with this issue... Playlists, Songs, Podcast, and Albums work but Stations and Artists do not.  

• Model:  Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U
  • Carrier: Xfinity
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):  9
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone): PPR1.180610.011.N950USQU8DUE1
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone): DECEMBER 1, and 2020
  • Pandora version: 2106.1 (ANDROID-TURNER 21061006)
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jacksplat102. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with buffering and skipping during your listening sessions.

Have you tried running through the standard troubleshooting steps yet? If not, I'd recommend trying them out: Android Troubleshooting

If the buffering / skipping issue persists, would you mind providing the following information so I can share this with our engineering team?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Masterloard
Local Performer

I have been having this problem at work for months now. It did it last year, stopped being a problem for about 3-4 months, and then came back, and hasn't worked since. If you need to/would like to, please feel free to enable trace

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Masterloard. 👋

Thanks for letting us know. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account. Could you share a bit more information about how you're listening?

• Which devices are you using when this happens?
  • If you're using a computer, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora Desktop App for Windows or MAC?
  • If you're using any devices, could you share the make and model?
  • Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Masterloard
Local Performer

Samsung Galaxy S7 - Mobile app via WiFi. It works on 4g, but not on wifi. I'm listening to it at work, so I thought it might have been a closed port issue, but my coworkers are able to connect and use pandora just fine on their phones via the same network.

Also no error messages, just pops up with a new song, says "Buffering" for about 2-3 seconds, then pops up with a new song, and repeats this process

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to me, @Masterloard

I moved your over to this existing thread: Android: Buffers and Skips to the Next Song

++

I would first recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Wireless Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Let me know if the steps help. 🎧

0 Kudos

Masterloard
Local Performer

I've tried the troubleshooting tips multiple times to no avail.

Tracphone

SM-G930VL

Vers. 2106.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Masterloard Thanks for confirming those details, and for sharing your experience. I completely understand how frustrating that can be. In the meantime, I have passed your feedback along to our engineering team on your behalf. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Bsally1
Local Performer

Galaxy S10 here...plays about 30 seconds, buffers, skips to nest song.  Wifi, data doesn't matter, same problem. Pandora is worthless now and can't seem to get any help from them

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bsally1 Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

If you haven't already done so, I recommend running through the standard troubleshooting steps here: Android Troubleshooting

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing more details about your device?

• Wireless Carrier:
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Bsally1
Local Performer
Added Pandora to "never sleep" apps in settings.  Seems to have fixed, but will test for longer and lyk if problems lingers.  Thank you!Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds good, @Bsally1.

Please keep us posted on if that does not resolve the issue for you.

0 Kudos

Masterloard
Local Performer

Update;
I know for sure it's something to do with the app now - On the phone I'm having issues with this on while connected to the aforementioned network, I went to the pandora "desktop" site, and the music played just fine

0 Kudos

Codyg23
Local Performer

The short term fix that works for me on a galaxy 21 ultra is putting the phone in airplane mode and then back to normal. Worked a couple times now. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the updates, @Masterloard @Codyg23

@Masterloard I've shared your feedback with our engineering team for further review. They are looking into this. 

++

@Codyg23 Would you mind sharing your device info so I can add your feedback to the internal ticket we have open?

• Wireless Carrier:
  • Pandora version:

Appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Mattbrunt
Local Performer

OnePlus 8t

Android 11

TMobile

Pandora 2701.1

I can't believe Pandora is issuing the same reply months later. How long does this ticket need to be open before we can expect some activity in the way of a FIX, Pandora? We're giving you our money and can't use the app. Does Pandora have plans to reimburse subscribers affected by this long-running bug?

Addendum: Clearly written in a moment of frustration, I feel like I ought to contribute a little context: To be fair, the app works... probably 50% of the time. And the desktop app works flawlessly. I haven't been able to discern any predictable pattern that predicts the mobile malfunction, which is part of what makes the experience so frustrating: I can't predict it, so I can't predictably avoid it.

I still prefer the "stations" model over a "playlist" model, so I'd rather be able to make use of my Pandora account. I'm perfectly happy with Spotify, but not so happy that I'd subscribe. For now, however, I've cancelled my Pandora subscription until the mobile app can provide me the experience I was paying for.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mattbrunt. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space, and thanks for your feedback about this.

It sounds like you've tried out the standard troubleshooting steps here, and you're still having trouble with buffering / skipping to the next track. In the meantime,  I've shared your device information with our engineering team as we still have an internal ticket open for this issue.

For refund and cancelation requests, you can contact User Support team here.

Any new updates on this issue will be posted in this thread. Thanks for your patience while this is being worked on.  🎧

0 Kudos