Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Skip from Lockscreen

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

Thanks again for your patience during this process. We believe this issue is now resolved. You should be able to skip from the lock screen once you're updated to the newest app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

For Samsung Users:

In addition to updating the app, please try disabling Samsung's Music FaceWidget with the following steps:

• Navigate to Android Settings -> Lock screen -> FaceWidgets.
  • From here, ensure the toggle next to Music is Off

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Pandora Update (12/5/21): Hey everyone 👋

I understand how frustrating this can be. However, rest assured this issue is being worked on by our Android engineers. In the meantime, @r1sk has posted a helpful workaround that could help until the newest app version is released. You can find that post here.

Our engineering team is still working on a fix. I will post more details when I receive them. Thank you again for your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (11/14/2021): 

Hi everyone! 👋

Sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your lock screen controls. We understand that this can be frustrating. In the meantime, we created an internal ticket for our engineering team on 11/10/2021. They are aware of this issue and working on it. 

Please Note: We recommending making sure the Pandora app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card. Widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. Installing the Pandora app on an SD card causes performance issues we can't provide support for. 

All reports on this thread have been shared with our engineering team. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

Thank you for reporting this, for sharing your device details, and for your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
137 Replies

tws
Underground

Same problem, play/pause button is active but skip song is greyed out. Started within the last week or so. Samsung Galaxy S6, Verizon, Pandora 2110.1, android build QP1A.190711.020.G960USQS9FUG2.

I would point out that your competitor, Spotify, does not have this problem. 🤔

0 Kudos

Noahb
Local Performer

Also having the same problem. Pretty agrivating to have to unlock phone just to skip a song. 

Jarrett4
Underground

Why have you guys been useless and not delivered one actual solution for a problem many people are having?

Cloriepaz
Local Performer

I went through all the troubleshooting steps but it's still not working on mine either. 

- Model: Samsung A71 5g 

- Carrier: t-mobile

- Android version: Android version 11

- Pandora version: 2110.1

0 Kudos

MarcusP2
Local Performer

Why are my controls locked on lock screen? 

0 Kudos

Dr0z101
Local Performer

Having the same issues. I use my watch most of the time to adjust audio and skip songs. Noticed it was grayed out last night, then noticed it only worked in app

October update, Samsung 21 ultra

0 Kudos

Katstheword
Local Performer

Totally have this issue, any luck on a fix?

0 Kudos

Larsonc2208
Local Performer

I'm having the same ussue and have followed all steps. Do you need account information to create a ticket? 

0 Kudos

Jkuberap
Local Performer

I'm also having the same issue. What's the point in me paying for premium if there's poor customer service. 

0 Kudos

That_Dude
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Galaxy S10e
Carrier: T-Mobile
Android Version: 11
Pandora Version: 2110.1
On Wifi/Cell: Both
Issue: Pause/Play works on lock screen but skip does not (the skip buttons are greyed out). Pandora icon does not show in the notification bar but does become available when the bar is expanded. I have had no other issues with the app.

Mcmahons
Local Performer

I have also been having this issue. I have also cleared the data and cache, reinstalled the app, but to no avail - skip buttons are grayed out. I have a galaxy s10e.

0 Kudos

BenderRodriguez
Local Performer

Are any real solutions going to be posted or just the same auto reply and redirect loops? 

0 Kudos

Brassy
Local Performer

I have the same issue, here are my details:

• Model: Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
  • Carrier: Verizon
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):  11
  • Pandora version: 2110.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? The lock screen shows the back and forward skips greyed out but if I tap on the lock screen to pull up additional options, then those control are available and function properly. Screenshot_20211113-160427_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20211113-160444_Pandora.jpg
0 Kudos

Dugel617
Local Performer

I noticed it happened after my phone did a system update

0 Kudos

Brassy
Local Performer

I don't recall any phone updates in the last week but maybe. Either way, it is only affecting Pandora. Other programs are functioning normally.

0 Kudos

Gneumann11
Local Performer

On the lock screen, my buttons are greyed out as well. The pause and play works, but not the other

0 Kudos

ZTeam
Local Performer

My wife and I have been having the same problem for about a week now. I cannot skip a song from the lock screen no matter what I'm doing. Plugged in via aux cable, Bluetooth, wifi or data. It's just grayed out. 

I have the premium account. She does not. I'm running a Samsung S20+, she's running S20. 

S20+ (SM-G996U)

Verizon

REV1.0

RP1A.200720.012.G996USQS4AUIN

October 1, 2021

2110.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21101001)

MMN
Local Performer

I'm having this issue too and NONE of the troubleshooting tips are working. Pandora, can you please fix this? It's obviously a problem on your end. I'll be using Spotify until this issue is resolved.

0 Kudos

Gneumann11
Local Performer

I'm wondering if it's just the new update since it says updated one day ago on my Google Play.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (11/14/2021): 

Hi everyone! 👋

Sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your lock screen controls. We understand that this can be frustrating. In the meantime, we created an internal ticket for our engineering team on 11/10/2021. They are aware of this issue and working on it. 

Please Note: We recommending making sure the Pandora app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card. Widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. Installing the Pandora app on an SD card causes performance issues we can't provide support for. 

++

If you'd like for us to report your information to our engineering team, please provide your device details so we can share this on an internal ticket:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

All reports on this thread have been shared with our engineering team. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

Thank you for reporting this, for sharing your device details, and for your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos