Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Can't Skip from Lockscreen

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (12/20/21): Hi everyone 👋

Thanks again for your patience during this process. We believe this issue is now resolved. You should be able to skip from the lock screen once you're updated to the newest app version 2112.1.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

For Samsung Users:

In addition to updating the app, please try disabling Samsung's Music FaceWidget with the following steps:

• Navigate to Android Settings -> Lock screen -> FaceWidgets.
  • From here, ensure the toggle next to Music is Off

Hope this is helpful. 🎧

Pandora Update (12/5/21): Hey everyone 👋

I understand how frustrating this can be. However, rest assured this issue is being worked on by our Android engineers. In the meantime, @r1sk has posted a helpful workaround that could help until the newest app version is released. You can find that post here.

Our engineering team is still working on a fix. I will post more details when I receive them. Thank you again for your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (11/14/2021): 

Hi everyone! 👋

Sorry for the trouble you've experienced with your lock screen controls. We understand that this can be frustrating. In the meantime, we created an internal ticket for our engineering team on 11/10/2021. They are aware of this issue and working on it. 

Please Note: We recommending making sure the Pandora app is installed to the phone's local memory, rather than on an SD card. Widgets will disappear and become inoperable if installed to the SD card. Installing the Pandora app on an SD card causes performance issues we can't provide support for. 

All reports on this thread have been shared with our engineering team. Any updates on this issue will be posted on this thread. 

Thank you for reporting this, for sharing your device details, and for your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
Labels (1)
137 Replies

JMBcaptured
Local Performer

Galaxy A21

Verizon 

Sm a215u model 

Android version 11

Pandora version 2110.1

No wifi no other problems

JLane44
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, same phone from their last update a week or 2 ago.

sawed_off9
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3

Carrier: T-Mobile 

Android version: 11

Pandora version: 2110.1

Connected to: Both WiFi and Cellular with issue

Issue effects: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @sawed_off9 @JLane44 @JMBcaptured. 👋

Thanks for providing those details. I've shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. 

When I receive an update, I will post it on this thread. We appreciate your patience during this time. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

Jarrett4
Underground

The lack of support from Pandora is absolutely disgusting. I will be switching to Spotify. I've had and seen this problem for weeks and the ONLY reply from this weak company is asking for the model numbers and screenshots. This is a pathetic failure, I hope someone loses their job.

0 Kudos

charbar66
Local Performer

Model: Samsung Galaxy S10+

Carrier: Verizon

Android version: 11

Pandora version: 2110.1

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Both Wi-FI and data 

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information? went through Troubleshooting and still having issues

0 Kudos

JLane44
Local Performer

Just tried wifi and data, skip button on the lock screen is still disabled.

And the app is saved to the phone hard drive not an sad card.

0 Kudos

Diego318
Underground

I am sick and tired of Pandora's problems. just another issue to add to the list. Spotify didn't have these ridiculous problems. 

0 Kudos

Ryry154220
Local Performer

I'm having the same situation the music widget is on my lock but I skip I can only play and pause how do I fix it?

0 Kudos

princess7591
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue as everyone else. 

Skip and playback options are grayed out. 

I tried all the suggestions and still not working. 

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your experiences, @princess7591 @Ryry154220 @JLane44 @charbar66. Sorry for the continued trouble.

In the meantime, I've passed this along to our engineering team. They're working on this and when I receive an update, I will post it on this thread.

We greatly appreciate your patience during this time. 🎧

RagingBull531
Local Performer

Having the same issue. Started about a week ago. 

0 Kudos

princeamirica
Local Performer

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G

T-Mobile 

Version 2110.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 21101001)

0 Kudos

daemonicfyre
Local Performer

Can't skip from lock-screen:

Q-To clarify, do the skip buttons not appear at all on your lock screen? Or are they greyed out/unresponsive when you attempt to tap on them?

A- They appear, but are greyed out/unresponsive when attempted to use them. The pause/play button works fine. This is on my Samsung Note 20+

daemonicfyre
Local Performer

Screenshot_20211116-221942_Microsoft Launcher.jpg

This is the following screenshot in relation to this topic

0 Kudos

Chris0360
Local Performer

So I found out how to do it on the Galaxies. If you swipe down on the clock you should be able to skip or rewind. It's annoying but it works for now, I guess until they update and fix the issue.

0 Kudos

Jkskyler
Local Performer

Same issue. A20 ultra.  

Only work around I've found is. If you happen to have other notifications below pandora, can click those and the next will then be able to activate 

princeamirica
Local Performer
Genius! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos

maxsimmons4
Local Performer

on my locked screen my skip buttons are grayed out 

0 Kudos

Bgsanti
Local Performer

Same. What is the fix on this grayed out lock screen problem devs? 🤬

0 Kudos