cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Find Friends Feature Not Working

alexdegtiar
Local Performer

Hi,

I have been trying to find my friend using their email address and have been following the instructions linked in various posts:

1. Go to the Profile tab.
  2. Next tap Followers, then Find Friends.
  3. Tap the  "+" icon to search for a friend using the email address associated with their Pandora account.

However, I keep getting "We couldn't find any matches for <friend's email>". They get the same behavior when trying to find my account, and I've set my account to public. I have the same issue on iOS, and I can't find any PC/Web way to search for friends.

I'm trying to show my friend which stations and songs I have to help them onboard to Pandora, and we've been struggling back and forth for a while trying to get this to work. It's not a great first impression. Does this feature still work? 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

alexdegtiar
Local Performer

My friend says I just showed up in their search! Perhaps the updates get delayed? I still don't see him however, though perhaps that happens if their profile is private?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexdegtiar
Local Performer

My friend says I just showed up in their search! Perhaps the updates get delayed? I still don't see him however, though perhaps that happens if their profile is private?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @alexdegtiar. 👋

If a profile is private, you won't be able to locate a friend using their email address.

Try making the profile private and let me know how it goes with your search. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos