cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Help with Using the Pandora App

Krackerbox
Local Performer

About ready to leave because working in Pandora is almost impossible!

Before I bail on Pandora and move to a more user friendly music app maybe someone in this community can help me figure things out.

1) I can't find a way to search in one of my playlists so that I can delete songs I've decided to delete. The only option I find available is to go to "edit" a playlist wherein you have virtually NO options to search for songs (other than scroll through the whole list) In fact on my phone I can't even get the app to bring up a full list of my playlists! It usually brings up 2 and some other random **ahem** that I'm not interested in.

2) When I add songs sometimes it tells me that song is already added and I often tell it to add anyways but when I try to find the duplicates.

3) When I shut the app down some version of itself stays running even though I have turned off any and all things I can see to shut off in settings?  Nothing pisses me off more than to turn on my music and have it start playing in the middle of some song? Besides when I want something shut off I WANT IT SHUT OFF! I detest apps that want to control me instead of me having control of the app!

Anyway if you folks can help me with these issues before I decide to bail. It would be awesome not to have to move somewhere else and rebuild all my playlists over again.

TIA!

RC

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Krackerbox I'm happy to address your questions.

Ability to search within customized playlists:

While this is not currently a feature, I do see you've already commented on this thread: Ideas: Ability to search and sort within personalized playlists

Make sure to also upvote the thread with a ❤️ if you haven't already done so to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Phone does not display full list of playlists:

I see you currently have 4 playlists in your collection:

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 4.29.09 AM.png

Can you please send me a screenshot of what you see on your phone when sorting your collection by Playlists?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Duplicate songs in playlists:

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

I believe there may have been more to your message that wasn't included - you sent this:

"I often tell it to add anyways but when I try to find the duplicates."

To clarify, are you looking for a way to add duplicate tracks to one playlist?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

App stays running after shutting it down:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening here as well?

To clarify, after you exit the app, does it continue to run and you actually hear sound from music that is playing?

If not, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on all of this.

0 Kudos