cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How to Dismiss Bluetooth Permission

HotSaltyGarbage
Local Performer

After a recent update, pandora keeps asking for Bluetooth permission. Even when I say no, pandora is still asking.

Sometimes it asks while I'm listening to pandora on my Bluetooth devices. Bluetooth connections are managed by the OS. Pandora does not need this permission, but keeps asking with no indication of what that permission is needed for. It's clearly not needed for audio.

Can I change a setting to get it to stop asking?

What does pandora want bluetooth access for?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
42 Replies

Zinventor
Local Performer

Just jumping on the bandwagon here... I've used pandora for over a decade. Useless pop-up messages are a complete nuisance. Modern Android phones handle both Bluetooth device connections, and sending pause commands to media apps automatically without needing extra permissions. 

Also, if you pop up a request for permission to do something, it is seriously bad for to neglect adding a "no I don't want to give you this permission" button. That button should exist, and should be remembered once pressed. Popping up two messages every single time the app is opened is absurd. 

If this is not fixed promptly, you've lost another customer. 

0 Kudos

short2GND
Local Performer

I noticed an app update available this morning. Hoping it might solve this issue, I quickly installed it... It did not solve the issue. I've resisted pressure to switch to Spotify for a long time, because, despite some other minor annoyances, Pandora does what I need it to do. I also like to support competition. However, I feel like this may be the last straw. I'm headed to the app store to finally install Spotify. Let me know when Pandora gets their act together, maybe I'll come back.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (09/09/22):  Thank you for reporting your experience, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. An internal ticket with our engineering team has already been created. All reports of this issue will be added to the ticket.

Once we have more details, we will post any new updates in this thread. While this isn't the solution, we are marking it as the solution so that other community members can see this message prior to posting on this thread.

We appreciate your patience while this is being worked on. 🎧

Pandora Update (09/20/22): We wanted to follow up with you regarding the issue you recently had with your Pandora listening experience.

Our engineers have made some changes in our most recent app release to only show the permissions request once after being dismissed. It shouldn't appear again unless you happen to sign out or clear app data.

Please try updating the app on your device and let us know if you continue to encounter trouble.

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

We apologize for any inconvenience and greatly appreciate your patience. Thanks for listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024