cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: How to Edit Playlists

iannyce
Local Performer

I want to move a few songs in one of my playlists. what is the "list icon on the right" the directions say to hold and drag?

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cgar5100. 👋

Sorry for any confusion. Here are the steps for editing your playlist on mobile:

Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to edit. 

To delete songs or to make any other changes to your playlist

• Tap the Edit icon below the album art.
    • To remove songs scroll down and press ( - ) iOS or ( X ) Android to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.
    • To adjust the order of your playlist, hold and drag the list icon on the right of the track title to the desired position.
    • To rename your playlist, tap the current name.
  • Tap Done (iOS) or Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @iannyce. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

You'll need to click on ✏️Edit icon first when viewing your playlist.

Then you'll see three lines that you're able to use to drag any songs you'd like to move within your playlist.

Let me know if you're able to do this. I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Littup
Local Performer

How do I delete songs off my playlist ,downloads and stuff

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Littup. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. Happy to help.

Editing Playlists on Android:

1. Go to My Collection and tap the name of the playlist you'd like to edit. 

2. To delete songs or to make any other changes to your playlist:

• To remove songs scroll down and press ( - ) iOS or ( X ) Android to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.
    • To adjust the order of your playlist, hold and drag the list icon on the right of the track title to the desired position.

Let me know if you have any trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Renegades1967
Local Performer

I have, been with Pandora for about 5 years.  My home page where my playlist pop up; I want to delete a lot material that is mixed in with my playlist. 

Question:. (1) How do I delete old playlist or titles that are always there?

Question (2) sometimes I can delete a song from a playlist and sometimes can't?  Is there a place for instructions?

Question (3) How can I change the order of the playlist?  

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Renegades1967. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I'm happy to help out with this.

Editing your Playlists:

• To remove songs scroll down and press ( X ) on an Android to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.

Let me know if this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

cgar5100
Local Performer

Whenever I go and visit a Playlist I attempt to edit the order, press the edit button and change the order,  and then save the edits. Whenever it's done processing it reverts back to Playlist screen and NO CHANGES have been made. Tried force closing the app, no change. Tried to remove the song and save, does no change. No edits I do are being saved. Seems like a wide spread issue on Android, please fix

cgar5100
Local Performer

Edit: I had to delete by swiping to select delete then go in and edit, make changes then save, workaround confirmed.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @cgar5100. 👋

Sorry for any confusion. Here are the steps for editing your playlist on mobile:

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything else! 🎧

0 Kudos

JamesProtack
Local Performer

Trying to move songs around on Playlist as well as finding and deleting duplicates.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JamesProtack I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: How to Edit Playlists

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for instructions on how to edit your customized playlists.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Chrismenton189
Local Performer

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is it not possible to delete songs from a playlist on the Android app? I have to start up my old computer and do it from the website and I feel like this ability should've been there from the start.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Chrismenton189. 👋

Thanks for posting on the Pandora Community! To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: How to Edit Playlists

Editing your Playlists:

You should be able to edit your playlists within the Pandora app on your Android device. 

• To remove songs scroll down and press ( X ) Android to the left of the songs you would like to remove or swipe the track name left.
  • Tap Save (Android) to close out and save your changes. 

++

Additional Details:

If you're unable to perform these steps or still have trouble, could you share more details about your experience?

You could also try running through the standard steps to see if that helps: Android Troubleshooting

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

empirepark
Local Performer

"

If you'd like to remove songs from a playlist, go to My Collection, tap the name of the playlist you wan to edit. To remove individual songs, swipe the song title from right to left.

To remove multiple songs, tap the Edit icon under the album art at the top of the playlist."

This doesn't work on my android.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@empirepark I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: How to Edit Playlists

You should be able to follow the instructions provided in the accepted solution to remove songs from one of your customized playlists.

If you are still unable to remove tracks from your playlists when following those steps, can you explain your issue a bit further?

Is the issue that after removing the tracks when following those steps, the changes do not save?

Are there any error messages?

Let me know.

0 Kudos