cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Microphone stopped working

Tangobug
Local Performer

Microphone won't work on my Premium account.  I see a note in the Pandora Support that Premium users "may need to re-download their offline content" .  Does this mean that I will have to download INDIVIDUALLY the hundreds of songs I have in my offline content to be able to get the microphone to work?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Tangobug 

Welcome to community!

Before we begin with any troubleshooting steps, can you tell me a little more about your experience you're having?

When you say the microphone isn't working, do you mean that you're not able to use Voice Commands, like 'Hey, Pandora', when listening to Pandora on your mobile device?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tangobug
Local Performer
I have a Motorola Edge 5G (2022). The microphone works for Chrome, my
voice assistant permissions are enabled for Pandora. I have a Pandora
Premium subscription.
For, maybe, the last the last few months, when I enter the search window
for Pandora to ask for a song, the microphone icon will pulse and indicate
the phone is in listening mode, but when I speak nothing will indicate on
the screen. I have, till now, just found what I wanted on my collected
music and manually selected it. As you know, this is both dangerous and
inconvenient while driving.
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Tangobug 

Thanks for the follow up.

Sorry to hear this is happening when using voice commands with Pandora in your vehicle. I can understand your frustration around this. While I don't have any troubleshooting steps that would help to resolve this immediately, I'm happy to pass along your experience to our engineering team for further investigation and review.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Tangobug
Local Performer

Sounded hopeful, but I am convinced the problem is with Pandora and considering ending my subscription.  My Pandora app shows microphone permission is on and enabled.  When I try to use it the app indeed shows it was accessed.  Yet it does not work.  I am baffled by Pandora's absence of customer support.  My issue is legitimate and the forum is not a solution.  Submitted with respect and appreciation if the actual company could reach out to me.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Tangobug. 👋

Thank you for your feedback around this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble with voice commands. I understand how frustrating this can be.

For transparency, your experience has already been reported on an open internal ticket with out engineering team. Please note, our engineering team won't reach out to users directly to address issues. Our moderation team shares feedback, experiences, device details, and reports of bugs with our engineering team for further review and investigation. 

Other community friends have reported a similar issue in this thread: Android: Pandora Voice not responding to Hey, Pandora commands - those reports have also been shared. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional information or a timeline as to when you can expect to see this resolved. However, the info you've provided is helpful and I've made sure to pass it along. I've also made a note regarding your experience. 

Thanks very much for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (06.17.24)
0 Kudos