cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Only One Song Plays in Offline Mode

Fikl
Local Performer

I press 'download' on the station and leave the App open until the station is finished downloading. When I go to switch to offline mode only one song is available.

This happens with every station. What I've noticed is that when the station is downloading 'User Data' is increasing, but when the station finished the download everything is wiped aside from the one song. It will go from 20mb to 95 then drop down to 25 (example).

So far I've tried clearing both cache, reinstalling the app, re-downloading stations. Nothing has worked as of yet.

Device: Pixel 6 Pro (currently 100GB+ of free space). Updated to the latest version.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/24/2022): Hey everyone 👋

Thanks for reporting this issue and for your patience during this process. 

After checking in with our engineering team, we now believe this issue has been fixed. If you're still having trouble, you may need to sign out and sign back in to notice the changes.

Pandora Update (05/25/2022): Thanks for your feedback around this. It appears that some folks are still experiencing this issue after signing out / signing in. Please trying clearing the app data to see if this helps. Other folks have reported that this resolves the issue. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

36 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fikl I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their next email reply, they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

pantsmanpsc
Local Performer

I am having this exact problem. Same type of device.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pantsmanpsc To clarify, is the issue that your station downloaded for Offline Mode is only repeating the same track over and over again?

If not, can you please send me a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Deedle
Local Performer

I am having the same issue.  Downloaded station to phone.  Go to listen on offline mode.  Only one (same) song is available that plays from the entire station.  This is the case for every station downloaded and on two different android model phones.  Downloaded playlists, albums, and individual songs will play.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Deedle I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps:

If this does not resolve the issue, I'd like to report your experience to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

pj4man
Underground

Same issue here with a Pixel 5.  Can I get an email reply when this issue is fixed also?

Can't specifically answer for the OP, but yeah.  There is only one song in offline mode for stations downloaded.  Even if the "next" button is selected, the same song plays again, and again.

0 Kudos

Kaos76
Local Performer

Same problem but I have BLU F91, I've deleted data,cash, and uninstall all same thing with all station download 

0 Kudos

myways225
Underground

Thank you very much for  you relying. So I check it's not Storage problem. Tried the second option, turn off and on my offline mode. When I go to my Station and hit the "Download" button, it refused to download any music. The error message was "You must be a Pandora Premium subscriber to listen offline."

I used to be able to listen to my music offline for years with the same Plan. Suddenly all of my previous download music disappear a week ago. Now every time I play a station offline. It will play one song and keep repeat that same song over and over forever! Look forward to hearing from you or anyone with solutions.....many Thanks!!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kaos76 To clarify, is the issue that your station downloaded for Offline Mode is only repeating the same track over and over again?

Let me know.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pj4man I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you continue to experience trouble after running through those steps, I'd like to report your issue to our engineering team. Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model: Pixel 5
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

Let me know what you can find out.

0 Kudos

PhePhiPhoYum
Local Performer

Android user with same problems with one song played on offline mode. 

LG G6

Mint mobile

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PhePhiPhoYum I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (05/23/22):

Hi, everyone! 👋

Our engineering team is aware of the issue where only one track repeats when streaming stations in Offline Mode.

Please keep an eye on this thread as we will provide an update when the fix is released.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Deedle
Local Performer

Model: Samsung A10e

Carrier: Tracfone (Verizon)

Android version: 11

Build number: RP1A.200720.012.S102DLUDSBCVA1

Android Security Patch Level: Feb 1, 2022

Pandora version: 2203.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@myways225 Thanks so much for providing those details. We've reported this over to our engineering team. Please check out @AdamPandora's message about this issue here.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Staer
Local Performer

I'm having this issue as well

0 Kudos

Jul1
Local Performer

I am having the same issue as well and it just started this past weekend, 5/21/22.

0 Kudos

FRAPShappen
Local Performer

Same problem, started a few days ago. Tried "Troubleshooting for Android Devices" & "Troubleshooting Offline Listening" steps with no resolution. I have 3 stations downloaded with Pandora Plus, but they each play only 1 song over and over. Pandora is installed on internal memory, App Data is 19.56MB with 92GB free on phone.

Model: Samsung S20 FE 5G

Carrier: AT&T

Android Version: 12

Build Number: SP1A.210812.016.G781USQS7FVD3

Android Security Patch Level: May 1, 2022

Pandora Version: 2203.1

0 Kudos

Jkellogg9
Local Performer

Same problem

0 Kudos