cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Pandora sound temporarily pauses when sound from another app plays

Jreese3
Local Performer

When I have a song playing on Pandora and I receive an email on my phone the song cuts out and I hear a ping letting me know something has come in. How can I prevent this from happening? I have an android phone. 

Thanks

Joel

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Jreese3 

Welcome to community!

Unfortunately, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app. The only way to prevent this would be to mute or remove the sound from the app.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Jreese3 

Welcome to community!

Unfortunately, the sound settings of each app are set by the needs of the app and cannot be altered. So, if you are playing a game or using an app that requires sound, the audio from Pandora may pause. It's not possible for us to override the sound settings, or any other functions of another app. The only way to prevent this would be to mute or remove the sound from the app.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Steve20
Local Performer

But that is so annoying!  What an easy thing for Google to fix, if they gave a **ahem**.

0 Kudos