cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Playback stop and launches Offline Mode

kufloyd
Local Performer

I have the latest version of the app, but when I play a station, it plays one song, stops and acts as if it's in airplane mode and starts playing the offline stations (even though the phone is connected to Wifi/data)

I have to open the app before it starts playing again.

if the phone screen is on all the time, it plays fine, but I can't keep the screen on all the time.

this wasn't an issue before. any idea? thanks

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @kufloyd 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear this is happening. Definitely an interesting experience you're having. I don't think I've heard of this happening before.

You mentioned if the phone screen is on, then everything plays fine. Let's check some of the battery settings for your Android to see if they will help.

Sometimes, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default with Android devices. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the Pandora app is backgrounded.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Please note: Unfortunately, due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. If the above steps don't apply, please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos