cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Playback Loading Issues

MRTMH25
Local Performer

For the past 2 weeks, why is pandora taking soooooo loooong to load/play/change stations???? Ughhh!!!!

mod edit: changed title format

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @MRTMH25. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I would recommend clearing the app data on your device to see if this helps resolve your loading issues.

Battery Optimization:

When updating the OS on Android devices, the battery optimization on all apps may be automatically turned back on by default. This can cause performance issues or interfere with playback when the app is backgrounded.

Please try the following steps:

• Open your device Settings and then Apps.
  • Scroll to find Pandora or use Search in the upper right hand corner.
  • Select Battery
  • Next select Unrestricted.

Due to the numerous models of Android devices, we are unable to provide step by step instructions for every device. Please look up the steps to manage battery optimization for the specific make and model of your device and disable this for the Pandora app if the above does not apply.

++

Device Details:

If you still have trouble, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you noticing any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

dvnchaos2
Local Performer

Pandora suddenly loading slowly.

It worked fine for ages but suddenly everything started slowing to a halt. I have to restart my device sometimes to get things playing. I followed the troubleshoot guide you provide and nothing changed at all. Cleared data/cache, uninstalled/reinstalled the app, switched off battery saver, not saved to an SD card, nothing works. It ran flawlessly and then suddenly had issues months later. One interesting reaction is, while the app is loading a song or station, if I open Google chrome, it'll suddenly start playing. Not everytime but enough times to be noticeable. Please help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dvnchaos2 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback Loading Issues

If you haven't already done so, can you also try out the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message here?

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Johnnshang
Local Performer

Same problem here. Seems the app is completely broken. 

Forums across all platforms sighting same issue. Comments in app store same issue. Pandora changed something and broke the app.

I have been paying for years when will this bee fixed? Going on two weeks with completely unfunctional app. Locks up and gets stuck like it's trying to load but never does.

I have tried every possible solution that has been suggested. This is not an issue with individual user devices. This is an issue with the app, the server, or some other dev created problem. Please address this as I know you are going to see a purge of paying users if this is not resolved. I will wait one more week then I am done.

CraigTee
Underground

After getting 12 pushed onto my phone, I can no longer connect via cellular.  WiFi works fantastic.

I researched and tried all the troubleshooting step I could find on this website and others.  Deleted date, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, checked all the Android settings that could even remotely affect Pandora... no joy.

After clearing data, Pandora would not connect at all.  Then it would connect, show the previous session's screen and, after a minute or so, finally start playing the session.  Now it can't get past the previous session's screen (that was acquired via WiFi).

I've run out of fixes.
Model:  OnePlus 7T

Carrier:  TMobile

Android version:  12

Pandora version:  2303.1  (Android Tuner 23031002)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?  Cellular

I hope we can get this resolved.  I've been with Pandora for a lot of years and my renewal is coming up next month.

Thanks in advance.
Craig

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Johnnshang I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback Loading Issues

We have received multiple reports of this issue and are currently looking into it.

Troubleshooting suggestions:

If you haven't already done so, can you also try out the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message here?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Device Details:

If you still have trouble after running through the Battery Optimization suggestion, can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
    • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora
  • Are you noticing any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CraigTee I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: Playback Loading Issues

It sounds like you've already done a lot of troubleshooting on your end.

If you haven't already done so, can you also try out the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message here?

If you've already completed those steps, let me know. 

0 Kudos

CraigTee
Underground

As you mentioned, I had already completed all the steps suggested and outlined those steps in my initial post.  My troubleshooting included making sure Pandora had full rights and zero "optimizations" under Android.   I searched for a thread like this prior to posting and obviously utilized the wrong search criteria.  I wonder how many ways there are to say "Pandora Isn't Working".  😉

I posted my info in the original post but here it is again:

Model:  OnePlus 7T

Carrier:  TMobile

Android version:  12

Pandora version:  2303.1  (Android Tuner 23031002)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?  Cellular

The only time I received error messages was after deleting Pandora data.  Then I received the "Unable to Connect" message when attempting to start Pandora (non WiFi mode).  After connecting to WiFi a couple of times and then returning to cellular, the error message stopped showing and it went back to slow connections or simply not connecting but with no error message.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Craig

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CraigTee Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

CraigTee
Underground

Thank you.  Now that I know it's a problem with so many subscribers, I have no doubt it will be addressed within a reasonable period of time.  I DO hope that Pandora will consider adding on an additional month or two to those subscribers affected by this outage.  Please drop me a note if you need more information or to try additional fixes.

Thanks again,
Craig