cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
318 Replies

Quilleater
Local Performer

This is happening to me too. Super freaking annoying. I'm about ready to cancel my membership.

1. Model: Galaxy S22 (SM-S901U)
  2. Carrier: T-Mobile
  3. Android version: 14
  4. Pandora version: 2310.1
  5. Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? It happens when connected to either/or. 
  6. Have you encountered any error messages? No.
  7. Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? It happens for both.

Garyjones216
Local Performer

Why all of sudden does, in most cases,  does pandora not allow me to skip?   It's like it freezes up.....then you shut vehicle off and it starts playing music through phone which you also can't pause of do anything. You hsve to restart phone.  I have Uninstalled app multiple times.  Very annoying. Vehicles and blue tooth portable speakers 

J0shWesy
Underground

I have the same problem and it has nothing to due with the vehicle or what bluetooth device I am connected to, after disconnecting from my vehicle or a bluetooth device, I have to close the app every time or the songs will continue to play. I also lose controls after a few minutes, no ability to skip songs, pause songs or repeat a song

Has there been any progress, I've had the same problem for almost 2 months and there has been no new update or even a single response as to the progress in fixing the issue

mod edit: merged comments

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Garyjones216 @J0shWesy @Quilleater. 👋

Thanks so much for providing those details and for posting about your experience. I'm sorry to hear that this is impacting your listening sessions, and I can understand how frustrating that can be. 

In the meantime, I've shared your feedback with the appropriate party on your behalf. 

The moderation team doesn't have any new information to share right now, but we will keep you updated on this thread. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

Garyjones216
Local Performer

Thank you for the response.  It's just SO **ahem** annoying.  I thought it was just my work truck, but then it did it on personal truck and even portable blue tooth speaker.  Why I'm having to cancel Pandora is when my music is on in truck, and truck is shut off the phone will then blare music full blast.  Might not be a big deal....unless you drive truck to 30 plus stops a day.  

J0shWesy
Underground

No fix in sight 😡

Screenshot_20240117_091043_Email.jpg

0 Kudos

RCJ-pnw
Underground

I switched to Spotify. Same price, better features.  And it actually works. Unsubcribing from this topic. Thanks all. Hope you find a better solution. Doesn't look like it's going to be with Pandora.

DESTINY_901
Local Performer

I have been a Premium user for over 5 years. Lately the app has been unresponsive. I can't skip, pause,  repeat, or change the station without resetting the whole app. When I try to change the station it just plays over the music that's playing. I've cleared out the data and uninstalled it but nothing has helped. Please help! I love Pandora and really don't want to cancel my subscription, but this is becoming very bothersome. 

Racqel
Local Performer

My pandora will not let me skip songs sometimes now. Will play multiple songs cocurrent. Won't shut off if I close apps. I have been paying for Pandora for years now just started about to months ago. I have uninstalled and put back log out nothing has helped. Why Pandora I'm gonna have to leave the app!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

TannerPandora

Hi @Racqel 

Welcome to community!

I moved your message over to our Android Support board from the Community Chat since it looks like your most recent device is on Android.

For the songs that you are not able to skip, does this happen on a station, album or playlist? Keep in mind, if it's on a station, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions.

Can you share an example of a song you weren't able to skip? Be sure to include if it was on a station, album or playlist.

For the tracks that play concurrently, can you let me know your exact experience? Did this happen after you paused Pandora and resumed play? Were you connected to another device such as a Bluetooth speaker?

In the meantime can you share some info about your Android:

• Make and model
  • Android OS version
  • Pandora version

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Grailquest
Underground

Same problem as everyone else.

• Samsung S23+
  • Xfinity mobile
  • WiFi and cellular
  • Recent problem
  • Latest version of Pandora

Very annoying to keep closing and opening app. Already attempted fixes

Ugh... Unfortunately, as much as I love Pandora, without a fix soon, I see Spotify Premium in my future. 😞

mod edit: format + merged comments

aarie03
Local Performer

This is happening to me too. I pay for a membership and don't really feel like paying for a membership when the app is broken!

Model: Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Carrier: Verizon
Android version (Settings > About Phone): Version is not listed there, but I ensured that my phone is up to date
Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number). It's 2310.1
Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Wi-Fi
Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say? No
Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? I haven't used a Bluetooth device, I've only used the phone speaker

There have been many, many negative reviews about this for like, a month. Please fix this.

jbdino84
Local Performer

Me and my wife have had the same issues as all the other complaints for over a month now. This morning the app would not even start up, I had to use spotify for my morning workout. If this is not fixed soon, we will be cancelling and moving to another platform.

SalingAway
Local Performer

Help Please!

Over the last 6 - 8 weeks, Pandora has been repeatedly unresponsive after playing 4 - 6 songs on my Galaxy SFE21. The app will mot respond to inputs from the phone directly or my bluetooth headset. I have done all firmware updates and security updates for the phone, cleared out app files and cache, removed Pandora for a few days and reinstalled the app without resolution.  Thoughts?

Eidyn42
Underground

😡🫤 unacceptable 

There's no resolution.  The fix did nothing to improve the recurring issue. Controls freeze and unable to navigate app only end program to restart. 

1000011008.jpg

1000011006.jpg

 same problem 

mod edit: merged comments

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @SalingAway @Eidyn42 @jbdino84 @DESTINY_901 @Grailquest @aarie03. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience and those screenshots. Your feedback has been shared on an internal ticket with our tech team. Unfortunately, there isn't a new update for me to share regarding this issue today. I understand how frustrating that can be. 

Thank you for reporting and for your patience at this time. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

rbecerra12
Local Performer

Has anyone figured out a solution yet? This is happening in my truck and when I'm connected to a speaker. 

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

Same issue as you show on my s21+. Like others, I have the newest Android OS version. It is frustrating that over a month now, approaching 2 months that this is not fixed!

SalingAway
Local Performer

Any updates on a fix for the issue outlined in this thread?

rbecerra12
Local Performer

I'm starting to think this an android issue and not one isolated to the Pandora app. It's happening when I'm connected to any device using any of my other music apps. 😕

0 Kudos