cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
307 Replies

JonRazz
Underground

1000001675.jpg

Putting up a screen shot so everyone can see. Using S23 ultra.

Kaye_rose77
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well since my S23 Ultra updated over the weekend. I can't pause, skip, or restart a track. The music continues to play through my phone after my car is turned off and can't be stopped without restarting phone. This has to be done everytime I exit my vehicle. Which is more trouble than it's worth. Last night it played same song over and over with no way to stop or skip. Had to restart the phone. Also, sound is not consistent. I pay for the premium service and don't want to be bothered with using it. Please fix this.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

*Please note:  This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (01/22/24): Hi community friends 👋

Thank you for reporting your feedback and experience with the unresponsive player controls. This issue has been passed along to our tech team for further investigation. At this time, there is no new update to share. For new posters, feel free to include your device information as well as your feedback to be shared with the appropriate party.

As always, posts will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (12/12/23): Hi friends 👋

We've received multiple reports about the player controls becoming unresponsive when listening to Pandora on an Android device. Thank you for taking the time to report your experience. 

In the meantime, the moderation team is sharing the reports on this thread with the appropriate party for further investigation. For new posters on this thread, it's helpful to know your device information:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? 

If you're able to capture a screenshot, this is helpful too. 

Once we have this info, we'll follow up with you if we need any additional details. We appreciate your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

LeagueMaterialG
Local Performer

S23 ultra here, it started happening a few weeks ago after an android update 

Kaye_rose77
Local Performer
  • Model: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 
  • Carrier: Verizon 
  • Android version: 14, One UI 6.0
  • Pandora version: 2301.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? -Cellular data
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?- no error messages
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? When connected to Bluetooth in my vehicle, continues after shutting car off. May happen when steaming directly however, I only use through bluetooth.

Alisonnikyar
Local Performer

I have the Samsung S23, Android version 14., I'm connected to WiFi and Bluetooth. Pandora version 2310.1

I don't even have to be timed out for the app to be unresponsive. 

Sharknotto
Local Performer

I've been having the same problem tried clearing the cache too and still it does it its very frustrating 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for posting those details, @LeagueMaterialG @Kaye_rose77 @Alisonnikyar @JonRazz. I've shared this information with the appropriate party on your behalf. 

@Sharknotto I moved your post over to this existing thread as it sounds similar to what other community friends have encountered over the past weeAndroid: Player controls become unresponsive. In the meantime, you can find any new updates / requested device information in the accepted solution

*Please note:  The message mentioned above has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. Thank you! 

0 Kudos

Maxtesatora
Local Performer

Well I'm glad you guys have decided to mark this as a resolved issue, even though it clearly isn't. I keep getting the feeling that I am being loyal to someone who wants me to go away, with Pandora. This problem is so obvious to understand, yet each response from Tech Support seems to be totally playing dumb about it. I just might quit you soon, after neatly 2 decades.... ugh! Y'all frustrating. 

Kevinwiggins1
Local Performer

Skip play pause greys out after lock screen

After opening the app pandora will not skip when phone times out pandora pluse

Taz480
Underground

I get that a lot of Pandora's responses are likely AI generated. Maybe not. I don't know. But is this actually going to get fixed? It is very clear that you guys are getting flooded with reports of this issue. It is also very clear this is mainly Verizon Samsung users, after Android 14, One UI 6 update, Pandora 2310.1. That should at least give the developers enough direction to nail this down and find a correction or at least figure out if its Samsung, Android or indeed Pandora. Clearly the repeated suggestions of clearing cache and data don't work. We've all tried it to no avail. Either way it should be easy enough to figure out a patch, I would think. Again, I could be wrong. Remember, some of us are actually paying for this service. Forgive my impatience but this is beyond frustrating and annoying. Samsung threw out another update or patch this morning, Android 14, One UI 6 update 6 but the learn more link that goes to the page that outlines whats in the update didn't list anything on the new update "Update 6". Just lists the changes in update 5(early December) and previous. None the less, it didn't fix the Pandora issue. Likely just a security patch. Anyway, will be really nice when someone can finally find a fix for this. Bugs are one thing but when it makes the app actually unusable, it's more than frustrating.

UkeleleMickey
Local Performer
  • Model: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version: 14, One UI 6.0
  • Pandora version: 2310.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 23101040)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? -I've been connected to both when it happens, Wi-Fi when listening with my headphones and cellular listening in the car
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?- no error messages
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? When connected to Bluetooth in my vehicle, continues after shutting car off. I don't usually use it without a bluetooth device, so it's hard to say.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Maxtesatora @UkeleleMickey Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime!

@Kevinwiggins1 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

Hotfudgecakes98
Local Performer

https://imgur.com/a/TYw1Fu

Also facing this issue only when using pandora while it is connect to my cars bluetooth while using mobile data. If I use my bluetooth headphones on mobile data or wifi no issue at all. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your post, @Hotfudgecakes98. I have shared these details with our tech team and will follow up if we need additional information. 

It looks like the link you posted is broken or the image was removed. Feel free to share a screenshot or photo. When sharing a photo on community: You can include your screenshot directly in your post on community. This is best done through a web or mobile browser. You will not be able to share a photo through the email notification you may receive.

0 Kudos

Ponda_Baba
Underground
  • Model: S22 Ultra
  • Carrier: AT&T
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone): 14, one ui 6
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.   2310.1
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?  Both
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?  No errors
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker?  Both

Jay-Bee-2
Underground

This is some BS that I'm paying for right now. 

Controls freeze where I can't pause or move forward. And I have to restart that app CONSTANTLY. The only work around has been the 'hey Pandora' verbal command to play a song and sometimes it will still overlap with the song the was not over yet. I have also made sure to pause a song prior to selecting a new song to play to help avoid glitches. This is wild. I love Pandora but There are MANY OTHER music streaming services. Fix it. 

Aladdin9494
Local Performer

Model: Galaxy s21 ultra.
Carrier:T-Mobile
Android version: 14
One UI version: 6.0
Pandora version: 2310.1 (Android tuner 23101040)

Problem occurs on wifi and cellular. No error messages. Playback controls either Grey out, or it shows "play" button when music is playing, as if paused.

Issue occurs on both Bluetooth and phone speaker playback. If on Bluetooth, when BT device controls are used to pause/skip /replay track, if device shows 'play' symbol, controls switch to greyed out, if not already.

Music will also continue playing on phone speaker once disconnected from BT device, if controls unresponsive at the time of disconnect, instead of pausing as it typically would.
Control responsiveness returns when the track finishes normally.

Also, after troubleshooting steps to clear data, app crashes when trying to enter profile->settings - > offline. No error message shows.

Issue began with December's latest update to the phone. 

Hoping this is resolved soon. Drives are somewhat frustrating with this issue. 

*Edit*

When the issue occurs, selecting another station to circumvent the issue causes the new station to play over the music of the station playing at the time the issue began. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Ponda_Baba @Jay-Bee-2 @Aladdin9494. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and feedback around the player controls. I understand how frustrating this can be. Your details have been reported to the appropriate team, and any updates will be posted on this thread. We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

Hey Pandora..I think it's pretty established now that the issue started happening after the latest Android OS update.