cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Player controls become unresponsive

Leonlav77
Local Performer

why wont my pandora pause or skip? And i have to restart my phone to get pandora turned off after newest update

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
307 Replies

JonRazz
Underground

Just wondering if they are waiting to loose lots of listeners before they try to fix it or what is happening? Between the posts here and the app reviews comments on the play store, this is a big problem and not sure why it's taking so long to fix it. Are you waiting for app developers to come back from space or become coherent from psychedelic drugs after getting rich? I would have thought they would investigate after 20 or so comments and not wait a month to have engineers start working on it. 

Just really frustrated it's not fixed yet. Anyone else? 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@dtre26 I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team as well.

Please follow up with some additional details about your device:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you encountered any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? 

Thanks for working with me on this.

0 Kudos

MusicFan33323
Local Performer

SPOTIFY SPOTIFY SPOTIFY IS LOOKING MUCH BETTER, this issue in NOT resolved, happens constantly after the new update. I turn off my car or headphones and phone keeps playing, cant skip, 2 songs play at once, very very frustrating. Spotify will be new app if not fixed soon.

bigjim2828
Local Performer

I am also experiencing the same issue, I have three premium music providers due to personal preference, Pandora, Spotify and YT music. I cannot skip or pause using my blue tooth earbuds only when using the Pandora app, but but they work fine with Spotify and YT Music, so the problem lies with the Pandora app and recent update.  My wife and I both have the new Galaxy S23 ultra phones and both experiencing the same problem with the Pandora app. The one common thing that I have noticed after reading through all of the posts, is that we all are Android users. So I wonder if there's anyone with an iPhone, iPad or an Apple device that's experiencing this issue??  So Pandora, please if you are listening or reading this, you are about to lose a long time customer. The only reason I haven't cancelled yet is because I've spent years creating playlists, downloads and I pay for the family plan and I do want to disappoint my family and lose their saved progress. But this is very frustrating to have to constantly close the app just to skip or pause a song.  Please fix this ASAP!!!

Music_Lover420
Opening Act

Definitely frustrating having to close the app each and every time I get out of the car, especially when a good song has just come on. 

coosfro
Local Performer

POSSIBLE SOLUTION

This issue was happening to me only after I locked my screen. As soon as I enabled Pandora notifications on my s23 Ultra, the problem was fixed. Hope this helps. 

Update

It stopped working again

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan33323 It sounds like you are experiencing a few different issues:

I'm happy to pass your feedback along to our engineering team as well.

Please follow up with some additional details about your device:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • Does this only happen when connected to a Bluetooth device or also when streaming directly from your phone speaker? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bigjim2828 This thread is specific for users who have reported that the actual player controls within the Pandora app become greyed out and are unresponsive.

What you described sounds like a separate issue where you are unable to skip or pause using your bluetooth ear buds.

Can you please confirm if the player controls within the actual app are also unresponsive on your device?

If so, please follow up with some additional details about your device as well:

• Model: 
  • Carrier:

I appreciate you working with me on this.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Music_Lover420 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Do the player controls also become greyed out and unusable for you on your device?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

coosfro
Local Performer

It worked for a few hours, but then stopped again.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, @coosfro.

To clarify, do the player controls also become greyed out and unusable for you on the Pandora app?

• Model: 
  • Carrier:

0 Kudos

coosfro
Local Performer

ATT Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra OneUI 6

Android version 14, latest build ends in 2BWKA

Pandora version 2310.1 Last updated on 10/16/23.

No error messages.
 This happens on wifi and cellular. It works when I first start the app. After my phone has been locked, the controls stop working and gray out most of the time. Sometimes it will work while it's locked for a few minutes, but then they stop working. The other problem happens when i disconnect from a speaker or my truck. Instead of the music pausing like it use to, it starts playing on my phone. I have to either kill the app or force stop the app to get it to stop playing music.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@coosfro Thank you for clarifying.

It sounds like you are experiencing both of these issues:

I've added your feedback to the tickets we have open with our engineering team.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos

deadone430
Underground

Mine actually started before the OS update on my S23 Ultra

What's being suggested isn't working to fix the issue anyway. It needs an update to the app to fix it since it was an app update that caused it

I know this isn't on you and I know you're trying your best to help, but what you keep suggesting hasn't fixed the issue for anyone from what I've seen. It was an update to the app that caused this (wasn't the upgrade to the new Android OS cause I was having the issue prior to that). Probably 2 updates ago, or so.

Started for me before the new Android OS update

Galaxy S23 Ultra

Verizon

Android 14 (started happening in 13)

Pandora 2310.1

Happens on both WiFi AND Cellular

No error messages

Yup and same phone

Mine actually started on Android 13. About an update or 2 ago to the app

You're lucky. Happens with my watch, my earbuds, my speaker, my car. All through Bluetooth. It's fine as long as the screen doesn't turn off. That's when the issue starts. If I unlock my phone again; suddenly all the controls work again

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@deadone430 I've passed your feedback along to our engineering team as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

spb999
Underground

Same issue of Pandora becoming unresponsive and either having to restart my phone or kill the app in Settings. I've tried clearing cache and data same problem exists. I've uninstalled the app restarted my phone and reinstalled -> same problem. This ridiculous as this app isn't functional yet I'm still being charged and there is no indication of resolution or target date for a resolution.

Same situation as the previous post:

Started for me before the new Android OS update

Galaxy S23 Ultra

Verizon

Android 14 (started happening in 13)

Pandora 2310.1

Happens on both WiFi AND Cellular

No error messages

Yes and same phone

Mine actually started on Android 13. About an update or 2 ago to the app

Happens with my watch, my earbuds, my speaker, my car. All through Bluetooth. It's fine as long as the screen doesn't turn off. That's when the issue starts. If I unlock my phone again the player still doesn't work.

0 Kudos

fdraven1
Opening Act

Zfold4, latest pandora update, latest One UI ipdate, have done the clear data thing, controls are still unresponsive, cant turn pandora off without a force stop on the app. This has been going on since android upadate in early Dec. Why hasnt this been fixed yet?

I mainly listen to it in my truck and since I cant skip tracks now and if someone calls me it wount shut off and plays in background of call on my phone unless I force stop it, I guess only other option is spotify or something like that, its a shame cause I pay premium for Pandora, yet im not getting reimbursed for the issue that is obviously the apps problem not working with One UI update.

mod edit: merged comments

Kevinwiggins1
Local Performer

Still happening ridiculous 

0 Kudos

blangman1
Local Performer

I wonder if Tech Support can "cut, paste" replacement customers as fast as they are with the "clear data" advice.  This is insane.  I'm in the same boat and check back daily for a fix.  I won't be a customer with 7 more days of this.

bquilla2003
Local Performer

having issues with playlist not being able to advance to another song, to pause it and at times when I do, it will play another song at the same  time......decided to log off and back on but now all of my playlist are missing.....disco, country, salsa, concert. 

I am using pandora in my vehicle - thru my phone via bluetooth. I signed out, got back in and found the playlist but its still doing the same thing. I am unable to pause, unable to advance to the next song. when I do it on the phone itself it sometimes will start playing the song selected AND the previous song - two songs at the same time. Its all screwed up.!

please advise.  thanks

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos