cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Shuffle All Songs by Artist

crosica
Local Performer

Maybe I'm an idiot, fine and this exists but if so it's not intuitive enough for me to find.

There are so many  stupid things about pandora.....one, WHY NOT CONTINUE PLAYING the artist other songs after playing the "top songs"????????????? Why would that be the default????

And why can't i just shuffle ALL songs by artists, not just top songs on my android phone app?  

many other stinky things about pandora that will force me back to spotify but in the age of AI why can't you discover me new similar music without playing the same darn songs/bands over and over.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @crosica. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience.

Based on your message, it sounds like you're listening from "Top Songs" instead of clicking on "All Songs".

I would recommend the following:

• Select "See All Songs" and press play on a track.
  • Then, select Shuffle from the now playing screen once the track has started. This should play the available discography if you have a Premium subscription. 

Station Repetition + Music Discovery:

It's true there can be a certain amount of repetition in some stations. Each listener has different tastes when it comes to hearing the familiar versus discovering new songs. Finding the right balance for each individual is something we continue to work on.

In the meantime, here are some things you can do to improve your stations:

1. Listen using Pandora Modes: When listening from a computer, mobile device, or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery, Newly Released and Deep Cuts.
  2. Put tracks on the shelf: If you get sick of a track but don't want to give it a Thumbs Down, you can put it on the shelf for a while. To do this from the web, hover your mouse over the album art and select "I'm tired of this track." Pandora Premium listeners should click the ellipsis (3 dots) next the album art to see that option.
  3. Edit your station: In some cases, it might actually help to remove Thumbs Up ratings in the station to mix things up.
  4. Add Variety: To add more variety to your artist or song based stations, you can select additional artist and/or song seeds. You can Add Variety when editing stations.

Running through these steps should increase the variety of the station pretty quickly.

Hope this helps! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos