cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Shuffle Stations is Missing

limited
Local Performer

Not sure if there was an update to the app or not, but now I can't shuffle stations on the app.  This function is still available on the web/desktop version, but not on the Android app.  Am I missing something, or did it get removed?  If Shuffle Stations got removed from the app, I will stop using pandora, as this is the only thing that makes Pandora good.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, @raygun58.

Shuffle for Premium Listeners:

• Filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.
  • Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

If you still have trouble, could you share a screenshot of what you see when you have your collection sorted by Stations?

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)

View solution in original post

28 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @limited. 👋

Shuffle should be available across all devices. Let's try running through the standard troubleshooting steps to see if it helps. 

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can find helpful steps here.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps.

Let me know how it goes and whether you're able to view your Shuffle after. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

frogmanxxx
Local Performer

I agree. I am done with Pandora if this change stays. I have used Pandora for more than a decade and I have a set of 7-8 stations that I have on shuffle. Now SHUFFLE is just GONE from the app. It doesn't appear under My Collections anymore.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @frogmanxxx. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience. Shuffle should be available to you on your Android device.

You can edit / view the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Plus listeners, press and hold the Shuffle stations option at the top of your Station List.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.
  • Once the Shuffle Options screen appears, you can select or deselect as many stations as you'd like.
  • Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

++

If you still don't see your Shuffle option when filtering / sorting by Stations, could you send over a screenshot of what you're seeing?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. In your next reply, click on the camera icon to add the screenshot as an attachment in your post.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Gi_82
Local Performer

I do not have the option to shuffle my premium music. Regardless of some type of hold pencil ect. that has been suggested does not work for my phone. I have gone under every tab on my pandora: my collection, profile, for you, and search; I have scrolled top to bottom and still not able to shuffle my music like I have before with adds non premium.  I feel like that being a premium is a waste and loose my shuffle. Pandora you need to do way much better.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Gi_82. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Shuffling is a feature of Pandora Premium as well.

Please check out my post about how to use Shuffle here.

++

If you still don't see your Shuffle option when filtering / sorting by Stations, would you mind sending over a screenshot of what you're seeing?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. In your next reply, click on the camera icon to add the screenshot as an attachment in your post.

Thanks for your help. 🎧

0 Kudos

Mackinlay53
Local Performer

Hi, I am new to this thread and new to Pandora. I have a bunch of albums but I don't have a way to shuffle them. Here's my screenshot of what I see. The shuffle button seems to be missing.

0 Kudos

Mackinlay53
Local Performer

Here is my screenshot.

Screenshot_20220219-195900.png

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mackinlay53. 👋

Thanks for posting about this, and for providing that screenshot.

Premium Access Session:

I checked your account, and it looks like you enabled a complimentary session of Pandora Premium, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand. Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account will return to your regular service automatically at the end of the session and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

You can find out more information about how these sessions work here: Premium Access

++

Shuffling Stations:

You can edit the stations that are played in Shuffle mode from your Station List.

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Plus listeners, press and hold the Shuffle stations option at the top of your Station List.
    • Pandora Premium listeners, filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

Touch the back arrow in the upper left again to save your changes and return to your station list.

++

Shuffling Songs:

With Premium Access or a Premium subscription, you won't be able to shuffle albums from that view as this isn't a feature. However, you can shuffle all songs you've collected which will include songs from albums you've collected.

You can sort your content from the My Collection page.

• Select the caret on the far right side of your screen and from here, you can sort by AlbumsSongsStations, Playlists or Artists.
  • Please note that you can't currently sort your collection by A-Z; only Artists are listed alphabetically by default at this time.

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

Howsyourtaqwa
Underground

Screenshot_20220318-100635_Pandora.jpg

  Hello I'm having the exact same issue about 2 weeks ago the shuffle button on all of my android devices simply disappeared as you can see in the screenshot. all of my stations are there the Podcast option is there but underneath Podcast there is no longer a shuffle button

Shuffle is the only way I maintain my sanity with a car full of kids that allows me to listen to some of what I like with some of what they like

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Howsyourtaqwa. 👋

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I made a small change to your account. 

Could you check to see if you're able to view your Shuffle feature now?

Let me know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

raygun58
Underground

Hello, I am a Pandora Premium subscriber and can shuffle stations only on my home computer.  I do not see the option on my android and would like to shuffle on my phone.  Hope you can help. Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @raygun58. 👋

Thanks for letting us know about this. I made a small change to your account. 

Could you check to see if you're able to view your Shuffle feature while using your Android device now?

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

raygun58
Underground
Thanks, but I still don't see a way to shuffle on my Samsung A51.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for your reply, @raygun58.

Shuffle for Premium Listeners:

• Filter My Collection further by Stations. Then tap the Pencil to the right of Shuffle stations.

If you still have trouble, could you share a screenshot of what you see when you have your collection sorted by Stations?

raygun58
Underground

Thank you very much for these instructions. After filtering by stations the shuffle and pencil icons were visible and now I can shuffle to my heart's content!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @raygun58.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos

paolagabriela
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. Cannot find shuffle on my app in my android 

Screenshot_20220922-160550_Pandora.jpg

 please no option

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @paolagabriela. 👋

I was able to make a small change to your account. Can you take a look now and let me know if you're able to view your shuffle?

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

kendenny
Opening Act

Since switching from Premium to Premium Family (which was a total waste of time but that's another post) shuffle mode has disappeared.