cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Shuts Down / Pauses after Incoming Call

KJ14
Local Performer

My Pandora used to pause if a call came in (Android phone) and would automatically continue playing once the call was disconnected. Now Pandora pauses when I make a call but it doesn't automatically play again once the call is over and I have to restart the app every time. Very frustrating for someone who listens while working and is on the phone a lot. I can't find anything in the setting that helps and the chat is just a joke. TIA

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @KJ14. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear that this is happening.

Can you send over a bit more info about your device?

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

chazjones7491
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. This happens through my car, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L, but not through my Bluetooth headphones. My old phone was a OnePlus 9 Pro and would auto resume after my phone call ended.

Phone Model: Asus Zenfone 9

Carrier: T-Mobile

Android Version: 12

Pandora Version: 2211.1

Cellular Data

No error messages.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @chazjones7491 

Thanks for sharing that information to us.

I've enabled a trace on your account so that we can get a deeper look at what's going on. For this trace to be helpful, please run through our Android Troubleshooting steps.

In addition, I've forwarded your experience to our engineering team so they can take a look into as well.

Thanks for your help and patience in the meantime! 🤝

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @chazjones7491!

Came across your post. It sounds like Pandora may be closing in the background when you answer a call in your Honda. Please be sure to allow background activity and disable battery optimization in your app settings.

If you have a battery saver or task manager app, make exceptions for Pandora or try turning it off completely. You can adjust these settings in the App info section of your device. To get to the App info for Pandora: 

• Either long press on the icon on the home screen, then tap the (i) that appears, or

• Go to your Android Settings, then Apps & Notifications, then Pandora. From there, tap Advanced > Battery >Background restriction. You will be prompted to remove the restriction. 

• You can also find helpful steps here.

Hope this helps.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos