cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Trouble Connecting to Pandora Online

Travlin
Underground

I had to get a new phone today and the app won't go online.  It says to check network connection.  I've tried both wifi and 5g with the same result.  Pandora plays fine but only offline. 

I have internet connection for all other apps. 

Moto edge 2021

Android 11

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Travlin
Underground

OK,  might be sorted out. 

I Uninstalled the app and rebooted the phone.  After a reinstall it seems solid.

I ran the android update after I installed the app the first time and it stopped connecting.  It had downloaded 1 offline station probably before I updated. 

Hope this helps someone. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Travlin
Underground

OK,  might be sorted out. 

I Uninstalled the app and rebooted the phone.  After a reinstall it seems solid.

I ran the android update after I installed the app the first time and it stopped connecting.  It had downloaded 1 offline station probably before I updated. 

Hope this helps someone. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Travlin. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

Sounds like you were able to get everything sorted out from your end.

If you notice anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy listening! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Travlin
Underground

I had another instance after I posted last.  When it "hangs" on no connection the only way out is an uninstall-reinstall. In settings under the app I turned on unrestricted data usage and that very well could be it.  It's been running all day. 

Alyssa Please send me a pm. I know now exactly what happens on this and would like to discuss it with you. 

Travlin

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Travlin. 👋

I've sent over a PM to gather more info.

Thanks for your help with this! 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Merika
Local Performer

I am having this problem and the only way to "fix" it for me uninstalling and reinstalling it, but I can't reboot my phone without it going back to offline mode with restricted use turned off on my whole phone, no matter what I do, I only get online pandora for a day or two before it goes automatically to offline and then when trying to switch it back, it ends up just saying check network even if I'm on wifi.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Merika. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Let's run through some troubleshooting to see if it helps resolve the issue you're noticing.

From your Android Settings, please try clearing the Pandora app data using the following steps (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you):*

1. Open your device Settings
  2. Tap Apps
  3. Scroll down to find Pandora
  4. Select Storage
  5. On the storage details page tap Clear Data.

Keep in mind that the steps for each Android device is slightly different. If you have a Pixel, you can check out Google's help page for steps on how to clear space on your device.

Please note that you will be asked to log into your account after completing these steps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

*Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after this. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after this, please let us know.

0 Kudos

Merika
Local Performer

It would be helpful if I was able to enjoy it when I wasn't connected to the internet. But as soon as I leave wifi it instantly stops and doesn't let me login back in at all while "offline" even though the app has access to my cellular data.

0 Kudos

datchoia751
Underground
when u do that please make sure that your data is on with wifi cause it
will send u to offline to listen to your playlist
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Merika Were you able to run through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message above?

If not, please give those a try and let us know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos