cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Unable to cast to Sonos

Flanda
Underground

Puzzling problem. I have two properties. Both have Google mesh Wi-Fi networks and Sonos speakers all over, each with it's own Google and Sonos accounts. I have a Motorola G6 Android phone with the latest Sonos and Pandora app versions. For each property, both my phone and the Sonos system are on the SAME Wi-Fi network. So the apps are up to date and on the same network in each of the properties.  In one house, using the Pandora app, the casting icon shows in the bottom right hand corner of the now playing screen. Tapping the icon shows the available Sonos speakers as expected. In the second property, however, the casting icon doesn't show at all, so I'm unable to cast anything from my phone to any speaker. I tried Spotify and I am able to cast on any speaker at each property without problems. Other people with iPhones using Spotify have no problems. I am both the network and Sonos Administrator for both properties and I have nothing special configured that I believe would prevent only MY Android phone running the Pandora app in the second property to not show the icon. So I am suspecting the problem is with Pandora. Again, Spotify works perfectly in both places. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
21 Replies

tdailey11
Local Performer

Same issue, unable to cast to sonos using android.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @BGthree @tdailey11. 👋

Thank you for posting about this and for your patience while we navigate this issue. We've passed along your feedback and device details to our tech team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos