cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Volume decreases after a few songs

MB719
Local Performer

After system update songs lower volume after about 2 seconds of playing at regular volume level. Doesn't matter if I am using phone speaker or Bluetooth. Gone through all the troubleshooting on the web page and nothing helps. Even pause/play will not work. Have tried dumping app data, even Uninstall reinstall. S23, android 13 on At&t. Pandora is the only app having volume issues.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (07/05/23): Hi everyone 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience on this thread. We've noticed an increase in reports of the music lowering after a couple of songs or after an advertisement plays.

Please try restarting your Android device and then trying Pandora again. You can also check out @MB719's tip about adjusting the media volume limit on your device here.

Device Details:

If the issue persists, it's helpful to know the following details requested below.

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • If you're connected to another device when this happens, please share the make and model

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared this thread with our tech team so they can begin investigating. They are now aware of this issue and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. 🎧

Please note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies

TownsellR72
Local Performer

Was this issue ever fixed? I'm having the same problem on my android in July 2023.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TownsellR72 I'd be happy to help with any questions you have, but I will need additional information to do so.

Can you explain your issue a bit further?

Do you also hear the "clicking sound" the original creator of this post mentioned?

The more details you're able to provide, the better equipped I'll be to help.

I look forward to hearing back.

0 Kudos

Cherrigirl91
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue with volume control, the ads play perfectly normal and the beginning of each song is normal volume, then it drops to almost silent with the song playing. This just started a couple days ago and I listen to pandora every day for the past many years.. not sure what to do.. I have a galaxy a12..AT&T, no change in phone or service 

0 Kudos

dleblanc79
Local Performer

Same thing started happening to me yesterday as well.  

Turning off Pandora notifications seems to have resolved my issue so far.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

Don1985
Local Performer

I know the "same issue" comments never add anything but... same issue. I have noticed that the adds are holding the proper volume. 

0 Kudos

Mrsongman82
Local Performer

Just started experiencing the same thing with galaxy s23 through the phones speaker and bluetooth. Even with the phone volume all the way up, it is difficult to hear. Going to stop using pandora because of this really annoying issue.

0 Kudos

jonstar16
Local Performer

When I first start playing Pandora the volume works fine but after about 15 minutes then a song will start at the correct volume then gets turned down. The next song starts and for about 2 seconds it will play at correct volume and then volume lowers again. Commercials are then very loud but once another song starts its at same volume as commercial and then lowers. Does this when listening though phone, ear buds and Bluetooth speakers.

Any fixes for this?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MB719 @Don1985. 👋

Based on your messages, it sounds like you've gone through the standard Android Troubleshooting steps and that this could be a new issue after updating your OS. 

@MB719 I've gone ahead and reported this to our tech team on your behalf. Thank you for providing your device information. 

++

@Don1985 Thanks for reporting your issue as well. Could you share your device details so that I can add this to the internal ticket with our tech team? It's helpful to know:

• Model:
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • If you're connected to another device when this happens, please share the make and model

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Don1985
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora

1. Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U)
  2. Verizon
  3. 9
  4. 2306.1
  5. both Wi-Fi & Data
  6. Both using phone speaker & connected via bluetooth

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pandora Update (07/05/23): Hi everyone 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience on this thread. We've noticed an increase in reports of the music lowering after a couple of songs or after an advertisement plays.

Please try restarting your Android device and then trying Pandora again. You can also check out @MB719's tip about adjusting the media volume limit on your device here.

Device Details:

If the issue persists, it's helpful to know the following details requested below.

• Model:
  • Carrier:

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared this thread with our tech team so they can begin investigating. They are now aware of this issue and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know. 🎧

Please note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team. 

0 Kudos

Janza
Underground

Same issue just started on 7/3/23

When I first start playing Pandora the volume works fine but after about 15 minutes then a song will start at the correct volume then gets turned down. The next song starts and for about 2 seconds it will play at correct volume and then volume lowers again. Commercials are then very loud but once another song starts its at same volume as commercial and then lowers. Does this when listening though phone, ear buds and Bluetooth speakers.

If I delete Pandora and reinstall it I works correctly for about another 15 minutes 

Pixel 6a

Android 13

Pandora version 2306.2

0 Kudos

MB719
Local Performer

Think I solved the issue for my phone (S23, Android 13). Phone settings> Sound and Vibration> Volume on the Volume screen tap the menu drop down on top right of screen (3 vertical dots). Select "media volume limit" and adjust the sliding bar accordingly.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the helpful tip, @MB719. I will share this in the accepted solution above as it could help others with their issue.  Let us know if anything changes. 👍

0 Kudos

Janza
Underground

Media volume limit is not available on all phones FYI and Pixel is one of those unfortunately. 

0 Kudos

sjbuff90
Local Performer

Same problem, same phone as @MB719 but his fix doesn't work. If I bump up the volume to max the sound level is ~50% of normal. When the track/song ends and a commercial comes on the volume jumps to the level is should be, max (because that's what I set it to) which generates an involuntary and uncomfortable jolt from the sudden increase in volume. As a result, I am forced to turn down the volume during the commercial. Then, when a track resumes, the volume drops to a very low level and I have to crank the phone volume back to max to just barely hear the Pandora track. Rinse &  repeat.

This problem does't happen with any other app or any othe audio file type. This problem is only with Pandora. There is something wrong with your program. I used to work but now it is horrible. Fix it or you give me no choice but to dump you because this problem makes your app unusable.  

0 Kudos

Janza
Underground

I turned off notifications for Pandora and it has been working correctly for well over a month. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @sjbuff90. 👋

Thanks for posting about your experience.

Have you tried restarting your device? If not, I would recommend doing this. 

If you still notice the issue, please share more details:

• Model:
  • Carrier:

I really appreciate your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

dawnhatchett
Local Performer

I've been having the same issue for a couple years and it's so annoying.  I pay for pandora so, no ads. I listen without headphones while I'm working outside,  I keep my phone in my apron and work on car lots where it's pretty noisy.  Anyway why does it turn my volume down every 5 minutes.  I have to turn it up all friggin day. 

0 Kudos

Mikel2
Local Performer

This happens on the app for me on a regular basis. Does your music broadcast at different bit rates?

I have an individual acct not business and use it via bluetooth.

0 Kudos