cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: Podcast Doesn't Resume on Correct Episode

hathormeow
Underground

Podcasts don't resume on the last episode that was playing. It starts playing the last few minutes of a random episode in the podcast that's already been listened to. I have to manually go into the list and find the episode I was listening to and play it from there. Is there a way to fix this? I found threads that reference this exact issue, but it didn't list what was done to resolve it. Just that it suddenly started working properly. I am on Pixel 3 with no other devices to test this out. Thank you.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @hathormeow. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue.

Let's try out these troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. This trace will be helpful in case I need to report this over to our Android engineers.

You can find those steps here: Android Troubleshooting

++

If the issue persists after those steps, could you provide more details about your device?

• Model: Pixel 3
  • Carrier:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version (Go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number):
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you noticed any error messages?
  • Does this happen with one specific pod? Or, does this occur with various podcasts?

I hope the steps help. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

Hi, I've tried the above steps and the issue is still occurring.

I'm not sure about other podcasts, as I only really listen to one.

There are no error messages, it just starts playing near the end of a previously listened to podcast.

Pandora version 2110.1

Android version 11

It happens on both wireless and cellular.

Hope this helps!

Thank you.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks so much for providing those details, @hathormeow.

I've gone ahead and shared this with our engineering team on your behalf.

Thank you for your patience while they investigate. 🎧

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

Hi, just following up. I haven't heard anything and the issue is still occurring. Any word on a fix?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @hathormeow. 👋

Thanks for your post. A new Pandora app version (2112.1) should be released very soon. Once you're able to update, could you let me know if the issue the continues in the new version? 

Thanks for your patience during this process as I know this has been frustrating. 🎧

0 Kudos

hathormeow
Underground

Hello,

The reviews for the update are extremely concerning. While I would like to update, I will wait until there is a stable and reliable one. In the meantime, please review alternative fixes for the issues I am having in the app. This has been occurring for far too long.

Thank you.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for your feedback, @hathormeow.

I will pass this along to our engineering team for you. In the meantime, wishing you have a safe and happy new year. 🎧

0 Kudos