cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: "Private playlists cannot be downloaded."

hoolatehip
Local Performer

Trying to download any song from the album "Reconstruction Site" by the Weakerthans triggers this error message: "Private playlists cannot be downloaded."

I'm downloading from the artist page, not from any playlist. The songs can still be collected, just not downloaded. 

This is the only album I can find with this problem. Googling the error message returns 0 results.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @hoolatehip. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

Can you post a screenshot of the exact error message you're seeing?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

hoolatehip
Local Performer

The error message appears after tapping the Download button.The error message appears after tapping the Download button.

The error message appears after tapping the Download button.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for sharing that screenshot, @hoolatehip

Looks like this song is unavailable for offline listening at this time. Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are unavailable or labeled "Radio Only" due to our current licensing restrictions. In the meantime, you can create a station that will play similar songs and artists, based on an artist or a particular song.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be played on stations, on-demand, or offline. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

supercatyler
Local Performer

I recently reactivated my account and tried to redownload all of my old songs. But every single song I try to download comes up with the error "Private Playlists can't be downloaded" 

I know they aren't private cause I downloaded them before. I can download songs I've never downloaded but any of my old downloads just can't be redownloaded

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @supercatyler. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Android: "Private playlists cannot be downloaded."

Could you try updating the Pandora app to the newest version from your end?

Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

++

If the issue persists, would you mind sharing the following details?

• The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the track(s).

Let me know, and I can take a deeper look. 🎧

0 Kudos