cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: App Too Sensitive to Loss of Cellular Data

DanE1
Local Performer

Where I live, cellular service is extremely spotty on my daily commute and I pass through 3-4 "dead zones" in cellular service for about 10-15 seconds at a time.   I've been becoming increasingly frustrated with Pandora because the app is way too unforgiving to losing cellular service even for a few seconds.   I'm a Pandora Plus member so I only have 3 offline stations that I can't choose.   I'll be in the middle of a song (always seems to be one I really like too,) and it'll suddenly go into offline mode and switch stations on me.  As I see it, Offline mode is more annoying than it is helpful.  Why can't the Pandora app have a built-in buffer, or pre-download the next 2-3 songs so that your music stream isn't interrupted from every little loss in network connectivity.   I've also noticed I can't replay the same song quite often due to the loss of service.  Does it not even download a song in its entirety at a time?     Is this something in the works?  As it is, I'm considering cancelling my service from this frustration after being with Pandora for a decade or more.  Seems like a pretty easy fix to have a larger buffer and to have it take advantage of when you do have strong service.  

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DanE1. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I completely understand how frustrating this must be. 

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and escalated your issue. Someone from our team will reach out via email to offer further assistance. Please keep an eye out for their message soon. Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @DanE1. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I completely understand how frustrating this must be. 

In the meantime, I've gone ahead and escalated your issue. Someone from our team will reach out via email to offer further assistance. Please keep an eye out for their message soon. Thank you for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos