cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android: APK download

j0nzy
Local Performer

Why is it so hard for companies to have a download link for their apks? I dont want a google account! I would like to get a download without going to some shady 2nd tier apk site. Start hosting your own programs, please!!! It's really not that hard, I promise.

Moderator Edit: Format, Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j0nzy Google Play is the official app store for the Android platform so I recommend download apps from the official platform. APK files from 3rd party sites can contatin viruses as you don't truly know what you're downloading until you've installed the file.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@j0nzy Google Play is the official app store for the Android platform so I recommend download apps from the official platform. APK files from 3rd party sites can contatin viruses as you don't truly know what you're downloading until you've installed the file.

Erick | Sr. Manager of Social & Communities

Let's exchange playlists and podcasts in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Turre1951
Local Performer

Apk download

0 Kudos

dohy
Underground

So, if I am the 1st party, and Pandora is the 2nd party, that makes Google Play a 3rd party. This is the problem. We are simply asking to download the apk directly from Pandora, the 2nd party, because we don't want to involve 3rd and 4th parties because they are known to abuse privacy and security, and can modify the apk before we download it. This is the exact reason I am here on this site right now, as I do not and will not have google play installed on my phone.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @dohy. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and your feedback around this. However, APK for download is not something we offer with Pandora.

If you'd like to see this option implemented, feel free to create a feature request here. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

dohy
Underground

I was able to pull the APK from another phone (that got it from Google Play store) by using F-Droid Free and Open Source android repository, with the 'nearby' function to share APKs between devices. Hopefully this helps others with this same issue.

Raj33
Local Performer

How many countries Pandora apk working right now

Moderator Edit: Link sharing

0 Kudos