cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artist Only Mode playing multiple artists

chulohock
Local Performer

I added the artist Asa and the regular radio seems okay but there are additional artist's music playing in Artist Only Mode. This is the artist I'm interested in only playing in Artist Only Mode.

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

HI, @leamph22. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Looks like on your J. Cole Radio, you have a few additional artist seeds like Nipsey Hussle, Kendrick Lamar, 2Pac and Tobe Nwigwe. Since you have added variety to this station, when you listen in artist mode, you will hear the other artists as well.

Your Erykah Badu Radio only has Erykah as the artist seed. This station should play her only when in artist mode. What artists play when you enter artist mode for this particular station? 

Could you send over a screenshot of what exactly comes on in artist mode?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @chulohock. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this. I'd like to gather more information about what is happening.

What other artists play when you attempt to listen to Asa Radio station in Artist mode? 

Can you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when you play Artist Mode on that station?

• To take a screenshot on your Android device, press the Home button and the Power button (on the right side of your phone) at the same time. You may hear a camera shutter sound (if your volume is turned on), and your screen will be captured.
  • To access your screenshots, go to the Gallery and look in the Screenshots folder. Send this photo as an attachment to your response.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

chulohock
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210117-140849.png

This is one of the artist that plays in Artist Only Mode that does not belong.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@chulohock Thanks so much for this helpful screenshot.

I'll report this over to our curation team ASAP. Based on the screenshot, it looks like there's another artist named Asa and the two profiles (or music from both artists) have been combined accidentally.

Appreciate your patience while our curation team works on this. 🎧

0 Kudos

leamph22
Local Performer

Recently I have noticed that when I play in artist only mode, my station plays other artists and not the artist station I am on. Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @leamph22. 👋

Which station does this happen with?

Let me know and we can take a look at your station. 🎧

0 Kudos

dwellington
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well.  I have an Enya station set up, and Artist Only NEVER plays Enya (at least that I've not seen yet).

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @dwellington. 👋

Looks like you've added a couple of additional artists as variety on your Enya Radio station.

Something to note, you may hear songs from other artists if you have added variety. I was able to launch your account and skip through three songs before Enya played. However, Enya wasn't the first one to pop up when I launched Artist Mode. I would recommend removing the other seeds if you'd like to listen to Enya only when clicking on Artist Mode. I've attached a screenshot from the web.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 12.58.16 PM.png

++

Could you confirm whether this only happens on your Android device? Let me know.

0 Kudos

leamph22
Local Performer

It is occurring on a couple of stations. My J. Cole station plays only Kendrick Lamar when in artist mode and my Erykah Badu station plays a variety of other artists but not Ms. Badu herself when in artist only mode.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

HI, @leamph22. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space.

Looks like on your J. Cole Radio, you have a few additional artist seeds like Nipsey Hussle, Kendrick Lamar, 2Pac and Tobe Nwigwe. Since you have added variety to this station, when you listen in artist mode, you will hear the other artists as well.

Your Erykah Badu Radio only has Erykah as the artist seed. This station should play her only when in artist mode. What artists play when you enter artist mode for this particular station? 

Could you send over a screenshot of what exactly comes on in artist mode?

Let me know. 🎧

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

leamph22
Local Performer

Hi Alyssa, 

See examples below

0 Kudos

leamph22
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210420-091253_Pandora.jpg

This is an example. As you can see in the screenshot, it told me it was out of tracks but I had just created this station and this was the first time I played the station in Artist Only.

0 Kudos

leamph22
Local Performer

Screenshot_20210420-091242_Pandora.jpg

This is another example

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @leamph22! Thanks for sharing the screenshots.

I've currently looking into this. Do you remember what day / time you took the screenshots? 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

leamph22
Local Performer

Yes. April 20, 2021, 8:12 am according to the info attached to my screenshot. I have not tried playing the station in artist only mode since then

0 Kudos